Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What buck knife

Old 11-11-2004, 08:45 PM

Default What buck knife

I am looking for a good everyday knife from buck. I was looking at the rush and tempest. Does anyone own one or have an opinion on either?
Old 11-12-2004, 06:55 PM

Default RE: What buck knife

I hae always had good luck with my rush, it stays real sharp!!!

for a good deal for a cheap price get a gerber with a have serated blade. Great deals on hunting knives on ebay.

My personal favoite is the Cub from Knives of Alaska check it out in Cabelas Mag

Good hunting
Old 11-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Spike

I was awarded my first BUCK knife by my father only after I shot and field dressed....my first buck. It is the woodsman #(102) fixed blade. That was 20 years ago, and I still can remember the look on the old man's face. He was so proud of me. I have looked at new knives for a couple of years, always thinking something is better. But I'm sure a terrible feeling of guilt would overcome me for having done so. I still carry that knife to this day, and look forward to "giving" my son a similar prize. A little care, and the blade is as sharp as the day I got it.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:23 AM

Don't buy before checking out the Buck crosslock 183gy ( the NEWER model) under $80. Guts, skins ( like unzipping the skin) and saws,yet this folding knife is compact and very well engineered. Rides on your belt; every bit of it is functinal. I read all the threads on knives before buying. This one is it.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

yup the woodsman 102#....nice and compact for inside of a deer....also makes for good small gamer as well.................bob
Old 11-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have an older (20 yrs) 110 folding buck it works great. I was thinking of getting a new "Alpha" buck knife, until I actually picked one up. What a piece of crap. The workmanship is shoddy I think they must be making them off shore? Puma is the way to go IMHO.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:08 PM

for a good deal for a cheap price get a gerber with a have serated blade
many if not all gerber knives are made overseas, i bought one for my brother and it will be the last, had no idea they were made in china. i say support a quality American manufacturer like Buck.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:31 PM

You can't beat a Buck knife. I haven't had a Buck I did not like, although the tip broke on my 110. I sent the knife in and they repaired it with no questions asked. they're warranty is as good as Zippo's.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont use buck knives because of the prices. i have a ka-bar and the thing is sweet. probably 5 inches in total length. small and compact with a zipper. its a nice knife and i use it for everything
Old 12-04-2004, 10:57 AM

Love buck knives. The alpha series is the best yet. Fits the hand well and holds a good edge.

Quick Reply: What buck knife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.