Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Good affordable Binoculars

Old 08-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good affordable Binoculars

I tell you Eagle optics sell the new Audobon for 299 bucks I don't know if there is a better bargain in optics if betterviewedesired is correct.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a pair of simmons a couple years back from walmart there 10x50 I believe they were just under $100 but there great binoculars they gather light really well and I can really see well with them and most anyone can afford them Id love to be able to get a set of $1600 swarovski binoculars but thats not going to happen I could get an amazing gun with a nice scope and still have cash left over for what them things cost. I could probably even pick up a 50cal with a scope and kill deer from 5 miles and have some cash left over
Old 08-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did alot of checking around before I bought mine, I decided on the 10x42 Bushnell Legends, WOW what glass! I love these bino's and keep them right beside me on the front seat of my truck all year round, if they're not there they on around my chest on my bino strap. Pick up great light, arent heavy, and feel really comfortable in my hands. Cost was around $280.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best deal I found on binoculars was 7-21zoomx40mm meade binoculars they work just as good if not better then most binoculars I have ever owned. they go for about 129 dollars but most places sell them for $70- $100. I found mine on sale for $29.99 at big 5 sporting goods a few months ago. After the good experience with these binoculars I dont see the point in spending another 500 or 600 dollars on leupold or steiner ever again.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:30 PM

HEY MAN LAST CHRITMAS I GOT A GOOD PAIR OF BINOCULARS BUSHNELL THE ARE ABOUT 50 OR 60 BUCKS THEY ARE GREAT AND AFFORDABLE I WHOULD INVEST THEY ARE GREAT
Old 08-22-2004, 09:09 AM

I just got a pair of the New Zeiss Conquest 10x30s. Great size for bowhunting and are extremely bright. They have the same T* and phase correcting coating that their $1500 Victory II binoculars. Paid $499
Old 08-23-2004, 02:25 PM

astronomics.com has the Swift Audobons at $269 or the Audobons with ED glass at $369. Great company and will give you objective advice.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Good affordable binoculars."

Isn't that an oxymoron? A combination of words which are never combined in the real-world? Such as "army intelligence," "giant shrimp," "true lies."

Just joking. Good advice is provided above. I have a pair of cheap Russian binoculars that I paid abut $50 for. I can't recommend these as being "good" binoculars, but they are serviceable. I bought them for carrying around my neck while deer hunting where I don't have much distance to look over. I carry them on family vacations and they pass around to everyone -- my wife, my mother-in-law, my 14 year-old son, my 12 year old daughter, my 7 year-old daughter -- to look at pronghorn antelope on the way to New Mexico or some cow elk near Cimarron, New Mexico. They are light. They do magnify. They produce fairly crisp images. They are not bright relative to other "good" binoculars. The light bounces around inside the binocular tubes when looking towards the sun, making images look pretty washed out. There are no eye cups. Eye relief is not particularly good. For heavy duty glassing, such as I read plays a vital role in Elk hunting and Sheep hunting, these are probably not the binoculars to get. But they provide some service. Here is a link.

http://www.binocularsmart.com/binocu...iew-8x30.shtml
Old 08-26-2004, 09:48 AM

I have some Pentax DCF 10x42 that I got for about $500 and I feel they are worth every penny. I've learned the hard way about buying cheap optics - don't do it. I wouldn't purchase anything thats not a major name nor under $300.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:58 PM

I got a pair of steiner predators for $249 at sportsmansguide.

Quick Reply: Good affordable Binoculars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.