Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

leopold or nikon

Old 08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default leopold or nikon

i am stuck between a rock and a rock here i am tossed up between nikon and leuopold for my 300 win mag can anyone give there opinion on this if they own either brand thanks
Old 08-17-2004, 07:43 PM

Default RE: leopold or nikon

They are about the same in my opinion. I was in the same spot as you a couple of weeks ago. I bought the Leupold VX II 3 x 9 x 50 and couldn't be happier. The Nikon Monarch was a little more expensive, and they both pulled in light about the same. They both pull in light great, they both have a lifetime warranty, so really it's a toss up. I hate to admit this, but part of the reason I bought the Loopy was it looked better on my rifle! Good luck!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’m not sure which Nikon Or Leupold you’re looking at but I will give my comment on the ones I do have. I have two Leupolds and one Nikon Gold and I would say that the Nikon is much clearer and brighter then my Leupold VXII or my Euro-30. Both of my Leupolds have 50mm obj. lens and the Nikon has the 42mm obj. lens. There is quite a difference in optics. I brought the scopes to work to have the guys compare and they all agreed that the Nikon had much better optics. I’m not sure if all Nikon scopes are the same but my Nikon Gold is definitely a brighter scope.

Customer service may be another issue but I haven’t had the opportunity to test either company and hope I never have to. Good luck......
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

DJ what models are you considering or Price range? As you know both companies offer various models, more info will in turn give you more direct feedback.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have Nikons on my guns and I work at a sporting gooods store alway suggest the Nikons. Clearier, and brighter in my opinion but you know what they say about opinions....................Opinions are like A**holes........we all have one!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:39 AM

I agree with trophybux. Go with the vari X II. Great scope for the money. I have both Nikon and Leupold. Not sure there is much difference...except the price. Save a buck or two and go with the X II.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Djbad..the Nikon Buckmaster compares favorably with the VX-II but the VX-II is much prettier and IMHO looks better on guns. The Nikon MOnarch compares favorably with a VX-III and about 100 bucks less so take your pick.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

i am just curious if the nikon would take the abuse out in the field and on a 300 win mag
Old 08-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

There so close Id just say pick the prettiest one
Old 08-19-2004, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Recoilwise I would say they are equal ..not to sure about Nikons customer service but Leupold turn around is excellent and I have had more then a few of their scopeson 300 win mags and above with no problems granted they were Vari-XIII's but the VX-II isa tough scope anyway. Try www.dnrsports.com for the lowest price on one.

Quick Reply: leopold or nikon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.