Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

summit viper or tree lounger?

Old 08-17-2004, 07:58 PM

Default RE: summit viper or tree lounger?

Men: I didn't try to start a fight here! I just want to get the best stand I can. Still thinking about it! Sure sounds like people are divided between the two stands. I guess I am leaning towards the tree lounge for I can use it for a deer cart if I add the wheels. Thanks! Keep the comments coming
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

oeh my apoligies. i did not even know that the stand you are talking about existed as the new one i bought back in june is in fact the old style back again with the hices. i do see that the hices are the ones that have made the recall of those cheaper foriegn made stands and i also understand that if you have one of them that tree lounge will refund total purchase price or give you the new er old tree stand in exchange. anyway i love mine and good hunting. and to you havelockspartacus, you will love the tree lounge hope you enjoy
Old 08-18-2004, 10:16 AM

Thats what makes the world great is we all have different likes and dislikes. and sometimes it is kind of fun to argue about it. some folks (not intended for you old elk)really get hot about things. i get really nasty about polaris junk, i hate them. but hey some like them and it's kind of fun to poke at them for being stupid.

But if my wife wouldnt rag on me so bad i would order one today. she says i have to many hunting toys and i spend to much money on hunting. blah blah but i have to live with her.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Still one problem with them Soark..they are too noisy and are sometimes a bit destructive on the trees . You know how much a treehugger I am.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:59 AM

You know oldelkhunter i am just gonna have to be one of those that has to see for myself.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Soark thats the only way to find out if anything really works. I did notice their base price is down a bit and that is good. One thing I like about them is their accessories especially the padded seat and the gun racks.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:43 AM

I had the api bowhunter that got stolen So I bought an ole man did not like it gave it awayso i bought a treelounge it was to heavy and to much worknot to metion very loud, now it sits in the house collecting dust, now I have the summit bushmaster it only weighs 16lbs. and it is so secure on the tree I kick myself for wasting all that money on the others. It may not be as comfortable but good enough for me at 1/2 the price
Old 08-19-2004, 09:09 PM

i bought one last year and i will never hunt from any other stand it is defanatly an all day stand and it is comfertable and safe and it is very quiet i climbed up the tree one afternoon last year and when i got up to the hight that i wanted to hunt at i hadent even pulled my bow up yet and when i looked down there were 2 decent bucks standing within 10 yards of me but my bow was still on the ground
Old 08-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same thing happened to me this year and I used an Ol man climber which is extremely quiet climbing . Whats your point ? It TL is not a quiet stand by any means so you were lucky in that regard.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:15 PM

hey ol man climbers are good to i had one befor i got my TL but i came out of it one afternoon and when i went to go up it the next morning it was gone[:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: summit viper or tree lounger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.