Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 cant decide on witch trail camera to get >

cant decide on witch trail camera to get

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

cant decide on witch trail camera to get

Old 07-24-2004, 09:10 PM

Default cant decide on witch trail camera to get

i have been thankin about geting a trail camera for one one my well used food plots but cant decide on witch one to get a trailmac 35mm, a cudde back, or a stealth cam 1.3 Digital
Old 07-24-2004, 10:30 PM

Default RE: cant decide on witch trail camera to get

I have two of the cheap 35mm Stealth Cams, and have no complaints about them. I like the front display on them. I know several other guys who have them as well, and everyone seems to like them. I have heard not to use Fuji film in them, because the camera's have a difficult time rewinding it. Feature for feature, I don't think they can be beat. For the price of one "high-end" camera, you can put out a couple of these.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:34 PM

yea i have thought about getting a couple of those 35mm stealth cams but i have heard alot of peolpe say that they have had alot of troubble with them.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:37 PM

I've had great luck with the 1.3mp stealth cam. It's easy to operate and not too bad on batteries. I use cheap rayovac batteries from walmart. 24 pack was $7.00 and I get almost 3 weeks per set of 6 batteries
Old 07-30-2004, 01:43 AM

you do not need the digital to get good pics.i tried a cam 2 years ago. it is called the leaf river cam. it uses a canon camera. i have put over 20 rolls of film thru it without a bad pic.it has withstood storms and other kinds of weather without a problem. they cost about $199
Old 07-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

dep214 is exactly right. Picture quality is very good. I've been using a Stealth Camera (35mm film) for about 8 months and the quality of the pictures is great.

When deciding which camera to buy, keep in mind though how you plan to use the pictures. If you think that digital images would work well for you, then it's probably worth the extra money for the digital camera (in my opinion). I think changing out the film and taking it for processing etc is a pain in the neck and takes more time than I'd like to spend. And I've got to continue paying for film and processing.

Just a thought . . .
Old 07-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

get the cheapo stealth and get some 400 speed kodak. the batteries should last about 2 rolls worth. it just plain works and for the money saved you can put it twords this years taxidermy bill if you plan on using the camera extensively year round i can see why one would want a digital camera to save money on the developing. to avoid spooking the deer too much and to get a chance at some pictures of horns i personally like to use my stealth camera on a couple of my stand sites a month or two before the season opens (late july to mid august) then the camera gets put away till next year. i use one roll per stand site and leave the camera out for a week usually no more. the 6$ dollars to get a roll processed aint that big a deal for maybe 4 or 5 rolls a year.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:49 PM

i have heard that many of the cams are loud and do spook the deer.i am very lucky i guess. it has never spooked the deer.my batteries last about3 weeks if left out for the entire time.if you think mine spooks the deer ask nwla.i sent him a pic my cam took. in the pic is a 150,20" inside spread,205 lb bruiser.also in the pic were 2 bucks with at least 24" inside spreads.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the money the cheapie Stealth can't be beat. I too have one of the Leaf River Trail Scan 35mm cameras and it is a good camera.

If you're looking to go digital if it came down to between the Cuddeback or the Stealth 1.3, I'd go with the Cuddeback, I don't have any personal experince with the Stealth digital, but Adams is the only person that I have heard give it a good review. There's also a new digital on the market that looks very interesting called Trail Spy. Eders has them for $349 and they have a lot of unique features.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:09 AM

I put my two cheap cameras out in April and leave them out until December. I have sat in my stand and watched deer get their picture taken, none of them have been spooked. It could be that they are use to the noise, being that the cameras are out there almost year round. I like to get pics of the deer growing through out the year. The cost of the film and developing isnt a big deal really. Just another hobby the way I see it.

Quick Reply: cant decide on witch trail camera to get

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.