Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Len's Pen??

Old 07-10-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Which Len's Pen??

I want to buy a Lens Pen so I can keep my rifle scope in tip-top condition. I have seen three on the market: A Nikon lens pen, and Leupold lens pen, and the original lens pen (its own company). Does anyone else use thewse to clean the len's of their scope?? Please give your input thanks ahead of time!!

Lens pen website (original): http://www.lenspen.com/

Nikon pen: http://www.all-surveillance.com/a-it...locale-us.html

Leupold pen: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...entPage=family

Good Hunting and Straight Shooting
Old 07-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Len's Pen??

i have the leupold lens pen and it works good but you have to make sure there are no traces of dust or debris on it before you start using it or you will get swirl scratchs on your glass.i usually dowse the lens with a glass spray first then touch up the lens with the pen after things are dry. i dont like the tissue paper much but same with that you have to always be careful you not picking up dirt and then start swirling it around as you clean.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a note on cleaning the scope lens. Do not use Windex as it can damage the coating on the lenses. Also you shouldn’t use tap water because it could scratch the lens. Lenses should be cleaned with the same lens tissues and cleaning solutions as camera lenses. After all when you pay allot for a scope it should be well taken care of.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:48 PM

I have used a lens pen in the past and scratched my lens. Like Trailer said use an approved lens cleaning solution as they are designed to protect the coating on the lenses. Otis technolgy makes a len cleaning system and Zeiss is offering one as well now.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't the brush on the other side of the lens pen whats suppose to get the debri off?