Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Which Utility Vehicle? Mule or Rhino? >

Which Utility Vehicle? Mule or Rhino?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Utility Vehicle? Mule or Rhino?

Old 06-27-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Which Utility Vehicle? Mule or Rhino?

I am greatly interested in a utility vehicle. These are the modern small pickups like the Kawasaki mule and the Yamaha Rhino. I need to hear from you all that have experience or knowledge on these machines. I have also seen the Raptors and Rover versions for sale, and I need to know what is good and what is bad about these trucks. The Kawasaki is the one made the longest, so they have the experience. Yamaha offer a new entry in to the market, I have great experience with their marine products. Their machine is lighter too, and has higher ground clearance. The Mule has been made for a number of years though, so they have lots of practice to get it right. The Rover I saw at Sams Club or Tractor supply is half the price, but only two wheel drive, and made by the go-kart maker Yerf Dog. This is for my Dad, and it is a lot of money to me, I sure would appreciate some input from folks with real world exerience!
Old 06-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Utility Vehicle? Mule or Rhino?

I'm partial to the polaris but go here for the skinny:

http://forums.atvsource.com/
Old 06-27-2004, 09:35 PM

I would look at the kubota . if i was going to buy one thats what i would shoot for.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:26 PM

I heard another positive remark about the Polaris. Please tell me about that and why you like it compared to the others?
Old 06-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I'd go for the John Deere Gator!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

i do not own one so i cannot vouch for any of the models except for a 2x4 gator which does find for hauling stuff around the yard. what ever you end up getting, if you plan on going offroading or hunting with it, get a 4x4.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:24 AM

I picked up a Gator 4x6 diesel, it's a beast. I use it at the Deer lease and at the local base ball field where I help out quite a bit. We have a polaris at the baseball field. So while the polaris has higher ground clearance and higher top end speed it is built no where as well as the JohnDeere machine. There is a good reason JohnDeere costs a littel more, you get a well made, easy to maintain machine that will give years of tough service.JMO
Old 07-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

After using a 4X6, and 4x4 Polaris Rangers for a year each I can recommend looking into them. I would look at them as an inbetween the gator and the Yamaha as far as performance vs. utility. The 4x6 was quite an impressive machine. It went where we needed it to.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:10 AM

kubota

Here is a link to kubota's site about there vehicle. they have a camparison of different models. i am just more impressed with the kubota. i have a kubota tractor and i will vouch for there tuffness! i can go almost anywhere a atv can go and if i can't i can usually make a path.
i am looking into a vehicle for around my home like this. i have 17 acres i maintain and 2100 acres i hunt so i work my tractor and atv's. atv's are great but the utv would be a much better vehicle for doing many of the things i do.
i have looked at the mules and rhinos but the kubota IMO was built for work.
If i am going to spend that kind of money i am going to get the best and so far the kubota is looking that way.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:33 PM

I went and drove a kubota today and for a utility vehicle i was impressed! the thing is built like a little tank and actually rode pretty good.
If i was going to spend the money that these things cost there is no doubt i would buy kubota.
the dealers can't keep them in stock!

here is a link to a forum where folks are really talking about them.

tractorbynet