Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

digital game camera

Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default digital game camera

Thinking of purchasing a digital game camera.Looking for feedback from those of you who have tried any of them.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default RE: digital game camera

allout,
Thanks for the reply and yes i'd love some info on doing my own.I was leaning toward the Cuddeback on the commercial side of things.The cheapest i've seen it is $399.Thanks for your help...
Old 04-15-2004, 04:01 PM

IMO, Cuddeback is worth the $$$. You will save lots of cash by not having to deal with getting filmed developed. Also, I like the fact that I can take my lap top to deer camp and check my pics while I'm there, not have to wait a day to get them back. If I need to move on an area to hunt immediately, the ease of use of this camera allows it.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice list AllOutdoors. I've been seeing alot of post's about making your own camera's lately. I can't wait to so my own. I'm gonna go with the D370 becuase I want a digital game cam. With all the things you listed it looks like it will run around 200 which is cheaper than any of the mainstream digital cams you can buy at BPS or Cabelas. Plus you'll save on batteries.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-22-2004, 08:26 AM

Seems like quite a few of you are hot on the digital cameras. Dealing with graphics on a regular basis I can honestly tell you that 1 - 2 megapixel is not going to come close to the photo quality you will achieve with a standard 35mm camera. I would think that you would tire of the low resolution quickly and want to upgrade anyway. Every time I try to do things the cheap way I end up kicking myself for not spending a little extra at the beginning to do things right.

I know a couple of people that own Camtrakkers and swear by them. I've seen the kind of images generated from both the standard model and digital. They are amazing! Even the quality of their digital (3.2 Megapixel) is very good for making prints because they have an extra flash that provides plenty of light. That's very important when buying any kind of digital camera device. Since digital cameras are much slower than 35mm, they have trouble capturing detail under low light conditions.

Here's a link if you want to check them out: www.camtrakker.com

They're on sale now too I noticed for the month of April.

Adios,

Cor.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

corgalore, I admire your ploy for the quality of the 35mm cam. But in reality, most people myself included only want to see what is out there. Perhaps if I got a pict of a really big un then I would want it printed. The cost of a 35 mm if you run it often is very pricey. You must get your whole role developed. IMO the digital is the way to go. Alloutdoors and titleist, was good to see you on the hags board. Have you got yours completed yet? You are right in that what you can make far supercedes what you can buy. Also, half the fun is building it. Can't wait to finish 3 of mine. I plan on running 4 digitals this year.

Quick Reply: digital game camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.