Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Your opinion on ASAT camo?

Old 04-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Your opinion on ASAT camo?

I was at the 11th annual PA bowhunters festival in Brickerville pa this weekend and I stopped by the ASAT booth and left with an entire 3-d suit. After talking with Mr. Chuck Pensyl I really could not justify NOT buying the camo. He has a very impressive series of photos in his photo album. It was sorta like an advanced game of were is Waldo but in the camo version. He had every landform and terrain imagineable in every time of the year and it was tough to pic out the hunter in the photo. This stuff, as Chuck explains it, reflects the colors around it, IT IS NOT SHINY OR REFLECTIVE but it some how uses the surronding colors to help it blend in, like a cameleon, therefore whatever situation your in your suit works. It might sound odd but I hope I explained that right. I was scepticle at first because of it being mostly yellow but I tell you what I cannot wait to you it for turkey season. He had some stories of guys using this stuff in real life situations and I was sold. This stuff is amazing. You really just end up Blending in.

I know that there was a product summary done on this some time ago but I just had to see it for myself. If anyone out there can post those pics again comparing ASAT with other camos please do so. This stuff is truly amazing.

Chuck if you read this it was nice meeting you and your side kick. I look forward to using the ASAT suit. BY the way ASAT stands for (All Season All Terrain).

If anyone has any experience I would be glad to hear from you and see what you think.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your opinion on ASAT camo?

AWESOME,i love the stuff
Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 PM

Anyone Got Pics Of The Camo?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think by now every one knows my take on ASAT .

Here is the Doe I shot in 2002.

Here is my hunting buddy with his monster hog.

Here is a B/W pic I took of him at about 15 yds.

last but not least the game cam snapped a pic of me as I was heading to stand.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

For big game like deer it is very effective. There are only two others that can compare in this arena. Predator and sticks-n-limbs. You will not belive how deer will look thru you while wearing one of these patterns. You'll beable to get away with more movement than with "blend in" types of camo. The ASAT products look to be built a little better than the other two.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I use is Predator, which is very similar to ASAT. I simply love my predator and if no predator I would buy ASAT in a heartbeat, breakup is much superior to blend in and once you go that way you'll never go back. I have been thinking about picking up a 3d suit and ASAT is the only brand I'd buy! You did good

On quality my predator gear has super and I have found it to last much longer than many other brands...no complaint on my predator wardrobe
Old 04-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Thank for the input guys. One of the reasons I bought it was because Chuck had me pulling on it trying to pull the 3-d off of the mess and it was prety much impossible. The stuff is tuff as nails. CHuck is very much into quality control of t his product he was real serious when it came down to the small details to seperate his product from not only concealement but construction as well. I guess that is a good thing for me because I am tough as heck on my stuff. I always joke with sales reps and tell them if they want a true product test done just give it to me for a season. If anyone can put a product through the paces it's me. I am not saying that that is always a good thing but when I find something that wroks well and stays together I keep it. For example my summit treestand, my BowTech bow, my Lacrosse alphas, and my rocket broadheads. I will stop here as not to sound like an ad. Thnaks for reading my ramblings.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:09 AM

I was at the PA festival on Sat. When did you stop by the booth? I was hanging out with Chuck and Carl all day. Did you happen to see the Jacket that Chuck hung in the evergreen tree in the parking lot? He was asking people to look for the ASAT camo in the parking lot. It took people forever to find it. Can't say enough great things about this camo.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

I was there the entire wekend. I am vice president of on of the clubs that puts on that entire shoot. I stay there at the cabin for the whole thing. I was in Chucks booth off and on through-out the weekend. It was a good time had by all.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I love my ASAT 3D from squirrel hunting to big game. Nothing compares although I have no personal experience with predator.

Quick Reply: Your opinion on ASAT camo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.