Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Night optics

Old 02-29-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Night optics

Hey all. Does anyone here use a night vision scope? Does anyone know of any that I won't ned a bank loan to purchase? Can a hand held NV scoe be mounted to work in conjunction with a regular rifle scope? Sorry for all the questions, but I wanna know, and you are the people to ask.Chris
Old 03-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Night optics

Eotn,
I use to work for ITT Night Vision in Virginia, engineering(electrical) dept. The NV is by far the best(not because i worked for them!). All the pics you see on tv that come from any of the armed forces are most likely ITT equipment. There are many generations of NV, the higher the number the better the product. Generation 5 would cost a fortune, those are about the best that you & I can purchase. Some companies sell NV and don't even list the generation or GEN. If they are not listed with a number then probably they are useless. Gen 3 would probably run about $1800 a pair. So you could imagine Gen 4 or 5 costs
As for using them with your your scope You REALLY need to speak with a game officer. Most states this is illegal and carries a heavy fine.
Hope this helps