Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bino-Systems

Old 02-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bino-Systems

who uses these handi looking gadgets (they hold the binocs close to the body and at a ready possition?
I though about getting a pair, but I only use the compact model binocs (10x25). It would be nice to have them ready and not have to fumble thru my pockets. But again, I can usually use my scope for quick spotting.

Does anyone use these with compacts? What are your opinions? Are they worth it?
Old 02-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bino-Systems

I suppose you are talking about one of the back pack style harnesses that attach to your bino's.

I bought one a couple months ago from Cabela's. It came a little late and was not able to actually use it for hunting. I've put it on, and played with it around the house. Seems pretty nice. I like that you can walk around with the binos on and they dont bounce around the strap does not get twisted. Also, you can bend over(i.e wlak under tree limbs or fence lines) and the binos won't get caught on something. Again, I've never actually used it in the field. I'd say it's a buy. Seems pretty convienant.

One thing to think about. I think it can be a pain to get on and off ESPECIALLY in you use a four point body harness such as the Seat O the Pants. Put the SOP on, then the binos, add a back pack to it, then you have a tanged mess that may bunch up. I plan on getting a body harness Vest that is coming out soon from Summit, so I can avoid the tangled mess and bunching on my back. More on that when I get it.

Jay

justhrowit
Old 02-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love Bino Buddies, to me they are the best 20 bucks one can spend. Not sure about the scenario mentioned as I rarely hunt from a treestand, so really a non-issue to me.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Crooked Horn outfitters model and it works well ...have a sore neck at times when carrying binos from a teenage accident and no problesm with a harness... Use them with Leica 8x42(no lightweight bino) and even with binos that weigh 20 oz...
Old 02-18-2004, 04:17 PM

I use the Crooked Horn Outfitter's model w/ 10x50 Pentax binocs and you can hardly tell they are hanging on you compared to just a neck strap. Also, it is worth it's weight in gold when you are stooping, crawling, or climbing through fences and such since the binocs hold close to your body instead of dangling straight down towards the ground. And it stops the side to side sway of the binocs while you are walking. It is an accessory well worth the money.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Crooked horns here too. You wont even notice your binos there and I have taken numerous animals with my bow and they dont get in the way. Well worth the investment.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

will they work well with compact binocs (bushnell 10x25) - seems like everyone else is using larger binocs??
Old 02-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

They can be used for any binos or rangfinders I would think. I cant see why they would not work at all the way they are set up.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

A buddy of mine uses the Crooked Horn unit and likes it. I plan on picking one up on my next trip out to Cabelas.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

The Crooked Horn Outfitter's system has to work with the little ones, they make carrying my heavy Swarovski 10x50's a breeze, I wouldnt go out in the field without em. For $20, it's money well spent.

doubleA

Quick Reply: Bino-Systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.