Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Is it really worth it??

Old 03-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it really worth it??

I personaly have never owned a scope that cost over 200. I have never had a rifle that I payed over 500. If I had a bottomless sack of money, I definatley would buy whatever I wanted. But now . .I feel that I have killed just as many deer as the guy. I know that I have had just as much fun as the next guy. And I research my equipment and try to get my money's worth for what I do get. Also, some of my stuff that I have I would'nt trade for no man's fancy whatever. To each his own.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:35 PM
PLB

In my opinion, I would spend $300 or less and get a good quality scope (Nikon Buckmaster) that was very realiable and then I would blow out the bank on a very nice set of binos (Leica for example).

You will spend a lot more time looking through your binos than you will looking through your scope.

And for all the retards out there, using there scope to search for game and hunters, do you realize that you are pointing a gun at that hunter!!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

johnkeltgen... that's great. i would like to say that one of the these guys that think they're so wonderful in their hummers. we have a jeep wrangler, and i promise it can go down more paths than a hummer, mainly because it's not a huge beast, it is costs 1/6 the price! btw. i prefer Nikon and Leupold on account of the scopes...
Old 04-13-2004, 10:26 AM

i have 7 leupold scopes they work geat and will never buy a cheap scope again after my past experience with them "tasco,simmons" on larger guns they just wont take the shock.