Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Game Feeders

Old 01-01-2004, 09:58 AM

Default Game Feeders

I am looking for information on game feeders, especially for deer. What feeders are the best to use? What problems have you experienced? Automatic feeders? Gravity feeders? Any problems with varmints? Does anyone have plans that have "home built" their own feeder?? Websites? Ideas? I guess I am looking for ANY input, good and bad experiences, on the set-up and use, of new or "build your own" feeders.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!

THANKS in advance!
Old 01-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Game Feeders

Iceman , here are some pictures of one I built a couple of years ago, I really like it, I don't have a set of plans but I will give you the details if you are interested in building one like this, I have about 60 bucks in this one and it works great.

Old 01-01-2004, 04:24 PM

That's a nice lookin' homemade feeder you've got there, Strut! Great job!
Old 01-02-2004, 07:15 AM

Hi Strut!

Nice pics! Looks like a great feeder to me! Whenever you have a chance, forward the details to me! I'm ready to build!!!

THANKS!
Old 01-02-2004, 10:13 AM

I use remington electronic feeders as a motor. You can set them to feed several times a day and as many seconds as you want them to feed a day.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

You got mail Iceman.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Strut,

That's a great looking gravity feeder. Couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. How high off the ground is the screen where the corn is?
2. Do you only get deer, or will turkeys hop up on the screen?
3. Does the pvc go up into the trash can a few inches, or is it flush with the bottom?
4. How high off the screen is the pvc?

I wonder if a rubber trash can would be any better as it would be weather proof? Nice job, I may have to make one. How full do you keep it?

. . . Rob
Old 01-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

The screen is about 12 to 14 inches off the ground and yeah the turkeys will get right up in the feeder, also they will pick the fine stuff off the ground that falls thru. The pipe is connected to a toilet stool flange that sticks thru the bottom of the can, the bottom of the pipe is about 1" above the screen in the trough, be sure and anchor the bottom part of the pipe, I did by running a 2X2 across the middle of the trough and putting a screw thru the inside of the pipe into the 2X2. I also anchored the can down to the braces on top of the feeder by using 4 screws into the 2X4's it sits on. It holds about 200 lb of corn and in the busy seasson it will last about 10 days. I don't know about the rubber trash can though, the squirrels may eat it up. I have 4-2X4's for the can to set on across the top, there are 2 right next to the pipe, one on both sides and close to the pipe, and 2 on the edge of the can.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rack, I just use mine for pictures only, its illegal for us to hunt feeders here in Mo., I have a controlled feeder also but I still like this one the best.

Quick Reply: Game Feeders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.