Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Butler Creek Scope caps?  Gimmick >

Butler Creek Scope caps? Gimmick

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Butler Creek Scope caps? Gimmick

Old 12-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Butler Creek Scope caps? Gimmick

or Godsend? What say you?

I havent used them, I have a scope cover which I take off b/f the hunt and thats it. Should I get them?? any opinion appreciated.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:47 PM

Default RE: Butler Creek Scope caps? Gimmick

I use them and they are great in snow/rain. Just pop them open and you have a totaly clear view. Get the clear ones because the amber ones make it to dark for dawn and dusk.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Gimmick?
Those little beauties are the best thing since sliced bread! I have them on all my rifles.
If the weather is nice and clear you can leave them up the whole time you are out but if it is snowing or raining simply flip them up before you want to shoot and your scope lenses are sure to be clean and dry every time.
I love them and will never hunt without them.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:07 AM

I have a set of the solid ones and will be replacing them this year with the clear ones. For the money you spend on them they are worth it. Like the others have mentioned when its absolutely miserable out they keep the lens clean until you're ready to shoot. No more tucking the scope under the arm or keeping a hand over each lens.

Crawdaddy
Old 12-16-2003, 04:20 PM

I agree with the others, I think they are a great addition to your scope. I have 3 sets of them, all the solid no see through models, and they work wonderfully. Like Cyrus said, if it's raining or snowing, leave the covers down and if a shot presents itself quickly, it only takes a split second to open both of them from the shooting position. Get yourself a pair of them, you'll be glad you did!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the solid ones on all of my hunting rifles and have no plans to ever use a scope without them.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Good product.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

I have the clear one on my Simmons 44mag 6.5X20 scope. I never flip them up when shooting woodchucks. As a matter of fact, I taped them so they wouldn't open. I bought the black flip opens for my NEF huntsman scope used for $1.00 at a local gun store. They do a nice job protecting scope lens' .
Old 12-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think their great as long as you get a correct fit. If you buy them and there a hair small, it's hard to keep them closed. My suggestion is to have your scope with you when you buy them.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree I have them on all my rifles and they work..plain & simple!

Quick Reply: Butler Creek Scope caps? Gimmick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.