Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Arctic Shield- is it quite and warm? >

Arctic Shield- is it quite and warm?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Arctic Shield- is it quite and warm?

Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Arctic Shield- is it quite and warm?

Are the bibs and coat quiet and warm? I have the boot covers and they are warm but are a little noisy. Thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 10:44 PM

Default RE: Arctic Shield- is it quite and warm?

I have the boot covers and I'm still not sure how well they work. I think no matter how much you put on your feet, if you have sweaty feet and toes when you get up in the stand, you're going to freeze. However, if you can get to the stand without sweating (or change your socks when you get there), then you might notice a difference when using the covers.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I agree Honcho, They kept my feet toasty warm with light boots but they were very noisy. I think I'm going to have to cover them with polar fleece to quiet them down.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:26 PM

I have to agree with Extreme Shot on the boot covers. If you have sweaty feet by the time you get to the stand they don't appear to work as well. Probably need to add a good wicking sock or change socks to make them effective. The Glomits aren't too bad, seem to work ok.

I don't have the coat or other gear, but the one thing that annoys me about these items is the velcro. If the coat, or overalls has allot of velcro - buyer beware! Other than that the materail seems to be fairly quiet.

Good Luck...
Old 01-05-2004, 05:31 PM

I have the bibs,parka,and glove system.They are very warm,but are a litle noisy.I can sit for 3-4 hours at -10F no problem.They seam to get less noisy with use,as the material breaks in.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:58 PM

I just saw the boot covers at a show and they did away with the velcro on them. They made them alot easier to slip on. I too had a problem with sweaty. Arctic sheild advised me to use a wool sock and a lighter thinsulate boot. I took their advise and have spent some very comfortable days on the stand.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:16 AM

I have the glo-mits and have found them to be very warm. However, as others have pointed out, they are very noisy. All the velcro is quite annoying.