Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Value of poster's recommendations.. >

Value of poster's recommendations..

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Value of poster's recommendations..

Old 12-03-2003, 06:00 PM

Default Value of poster's recommendations..

This site sure seems great for the manufacturers of good products and a death blow for the manufacturerers of bad products.

So far, based on reading the input of people here, I have bought ASAT camo, which I had never even heard of before joining this community. I love my ASAT.

I also just purchased the Summit Viper Extreme XLS, which is very solid and perhaps the most comfortable stand I have placed my rear in. I need to get better at setting it up quietly though.

I am curious to see if you have valued opinions here, enough to buy or avoid products discussed in this community.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Value of poster's recommendations..

Absolutely! I know you can't believe everything you read, but with that said, I believe that a very high percentage of posters on these forums are knowledgeable and honest in their opinions with various hunting gear. Taking the advice of someone who has been there and done that can save you a lot of money and heartaches!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

After visiting this forum for some time you get to know the posters and form opinions about their knowledge and credibility.That being said I value some of the peoples opinions a great deal and pay no attention to others.If one of the posters whose opinion I value recommends a product I often check it out to see if it is something that may be of use to me.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I follow advice from some board members.
PA Jack seems like a class act, he always has good solid advice.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely, though I usually find myself as the proverbial "guinea pig" for many of the current products on the market. I enjoy it ofcourse.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:40 AM

I don't post very often but i do read a lot of the opinions, and do ttry to take heed to them. i appreciate everyones comments.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Fork Horn

hello irch say hello to any of the jensens you may know my grandmother lived there and my dad was from sydney
Old 12-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a result of reading this messageboard, I now have a Hoyt Razortec, switched to muzzys for my broadheads, use an assortment of recommended accessories and wish I had bought a Summit!
Old 12-13-2003, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

It depends upon the eview. The guy who comes across as professional and polite, and gives an honest, open-minded opinion, good or bad, yes I listen to that. The ones that come on ranting and raving about a product, claiming it's junk because of one bad experience, before they contact the company, no. You know the one's. "This broadhead must be terrible because I loss one deer that I made a bad shot on last year", or "I bought product X, and it didn't work the way I wanted it to, after I took it apart and modified it, so I will never buy their products again".