Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
recomendation on warm bibs that are also lightweight and quiet? >

recomendation on warm bibs that are also lightweight and quiet?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

recomendation on warm bibs that are also lightweight and quiet?

Old 12-10-2023, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default recomendation on warm bibs that are also lightweight and quiet?

I am looking for some new cold weather bibs and I am trying to see if I can find the best of both worlds; very warm, but also not bulky and are lightweight and comfortable.
Was looking closely at Cabelas MT050 ( they sound warm but reviews say they are heavy) and looking at scentlok,(BE:1) they have a set they claim to be lightweight for bow hunters, but wow are they expensive. Any recommendations you all can make? Thanks!
Old 12-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

I have hunted a long time in insulated bib Carhartt coveralls.

Always plenty warm enough.

But I'm certain they are heavier than stuff that is made for hunting.

-Jake
Old 12-14-2023, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

ive used Wall's insulated bibs for many years. they are made with a canvas type material with quilted lining inside. they have leg length zippers on each leg and one in the front. the zippers on the legs make it easier to put on with hunting boots on. if it really cold out i wear a pair of sweat pants inside for added warmth.
Old 12-17-2023, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

been wearing this pair of carharts for at least 25 years, a bit noisy but warm and durable. this pic was from 2017 and still wearing them in the cold

Old 12-17-2023, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

You got some miles on that pair.

-Jake
Old 12-18-2023, 11:38 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Yes most quality outdoor clothing is very expensive. But you get what you pay for.
Ive eorn a light wt pair of MT50 for quite a few yrs. They are my early season rain bibs which are no longer available. I fo have a pair of MT 50 Winter bibsI wear ice fishing.
I like bibs being a rotund guy!
My latest bibs came from Duluth Trading company. They are in the early mossy oak treebark camo and i really like those.

I want full length leg zipper for easy on and easy off. I also want a 2 way zipper as with long walks you open the top down and can dump leg heat. Sit and zip up as you cool down.
I also look for ankle snap envlosure to make a good fit around the top of my boots.

JW
Old 12-20-2023, 03:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never bought anything from Duluth Trading Co. that wasn't top notch. My hunting pants are Duluth, I am pretty sure thay wil outlast me and I have had them for 10 years or more,
Old 12-20-2023, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I have never bought anything from Duluth Trading Co. that wasn't top notch. My hunting pants are Duluth, I am pretty sure thay wil outlast me and I have had them for 10 years or more,
I don't have any hunting clothes from Duluth but all other things I bought from them ( sweaters , outdoor shirts , work jeans etc ) has been top notch stuff !