Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Are flat tires a pain on dollies and wheelbarrows? >

Are flat tires a pain on dollies and wheelbarrows?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Are flat tires a pain on dollies and wheelbarrows?

Old 06-22-2021, 02:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
My advice was about fixing dollies and wheelbarrows with flat tires, not how to hunt per se. I was a mechanic by trade for 15 years so I know something about tires. My only deer hunting experience up until now was with a paid guide on private property. The guide did all the hard and dirty work. My last taken deer, a yearling buck lay dead, in a small depression in the side of a mild-sloping hill. The guide went back to his ranch home and got his Dodge 4x4 while I waited by my quarry. The man told me to enjoy my buck as he was fetching his pickup. My guide and I only had to drag the little 95-pound buck by a horn one person each no more than 100 feet down the slope to his truck. Nowadays, I contemplate doing deer hunting sans guide and on WLM lands or public-accessible private lands. It's a game changer for sure, no pun intended. I now live in largely-flat SW Oklahoma. I'm going to have to go out scout the terrain of prospective deer lands, study the rules and restrictions of the lands in question, assess the shape my body is in and try to figure something out. One could also maybe pay somebody to do the hard labor of dragging deer out. Depending on terrain conditions in my neck of the woods, deer carts or wheelbarrows may or may not work. ATVs or pickup trucks may or may not be allowed directly onto the hunting fields. I can only tell by going out and scouting a particular deer property. I need to check the vehicle accessibility of hunting lands under consideration.
Blah, blah, more of the same, who cafes!
Old 06-22-2021, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

I'd quit doing homework right now and start living life. Hate to break it to you but at 57 it's almost certainly over halfway done at this point.

You can probably be hunting things in your area today if you wanted to be.

-Jake
Old 06-22-2021, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree why keep wasting time reading and doing home work when you can be actually out there doing things and learning hands on, as there will never be a better time to start than now, as your not getting any younger!
and to be honest i think a lot of the things your reading/doing homework on , is just a lot of useless information, that isn;t needed to START hunting at all , all its seems to be doing in making you have mroe excuses about things and adding wasted steps, to getting out there and gaining real experiences!

and as for the electric carts and?

also keep in mind ELECTRIC VEHICLES have motors!
and as such, are also illegal on many state and federal lands!
so there rather usless, not to mention very heavy doubt your lifting one of them into the back of your truck alone, so now you will need help to load it, and or a trailer?

which, honestly, if your wanting to haul your deer out of woods again, there are simpler ways way cheaper to do so as mentioned many times now

if your scared of blood in back of your truck and or loading deer into truck alone, , have you thought about truck trailer hitch haulers??
there much lower to the ground, making easy loading unloading, no blood in truck for you to worry about
you can roll a deer in a tarp before loading to keep clean while taking home or to butcher too!
and there NOT that costly!
Old 06-22-2021, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I'd quit doing homework right now and start living life. Hate to break it to you but at 57 it's almost certainly over halfway done at this point.

You can probably be hunting things in your area today if you wanted to be.

-Jake
Some people are late bloomers. 57 still has a long time yet to enjoy what nature provides. Looking through your younger eyes might seem like 57 is getting long in the tooth but you ought to see what 57 looks like from my eyes...LOL.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Blah, blah, more of the same, who cafes!
who cafes? truck drivers for coffee often
Old 06-22-2021, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Some people are late bloomers. 57 still has a long time yet to enjoy what nature provides. Looking through your younger eyes might seem like 57 is getting long in the tooth but you ought to see what 57 looks like from my eyes...LOL.
Some people never bloom, they just hang around and suck up nutrients but never produce a thing.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Some people are late bloomers. 57 still has *MAY HAVE* a long time yet to enjoy what nature provides. Looking through your younger eyes might seem like 57 is getting long in the tooth but you ought to see what 57 looks like from my eyes...LOL.
Fixed it for you. The same is true for 47, 37,27 and 17. A Good family friend is in the hospital, not doing well. Mid 90s, lived life well. Retired over forty years.. Married nearly 70 years... Commented to my wife they'd been married longer than I'll probably live. She said "that's wishful thinking on your part!"

-Jake
Old 06-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Fixed it for you. The same is true for 47, 37,27 and 17. A Good family friend is in the hospital, not doing well. Mid 90s, lived life well. Retired over forty years.. Married nearly 70 years... Commented to my wife they'd been married longer than I'll probably live. She said "that's wishful thinking on your part!"

-Jake
Point taken. I remember thinking about my all time hero my great uncle Tony. He was rumored to be able to catch fish out of a mud puddle and lived the good life on hunting, fishing and most importantly ethics. I was in my 30's feeling invincible and he was right around 60 and I thought he was really old. Once I got to my 60's I realized in reality he really wasn't all that old at that time it was just the perception I had then. The view of the end from the beginning is far different as you approach those "golden years".