HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are flat tires a pain on dollies and wheelbarrows?
Old 06-22-2021, 02:21 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
My advice was about fixing dollies and wheelbarrows with flat tires, not how to hunt per se. I was a mechanic by trade for 15 years so I know something about tires. My only deer hunting experience up until now was with a paid guide on private property. The guide did all the hard and dirty work. My last taken deer, a yearling buck lay dead, in a small depression in the side of a mild-sloping hill. The guide went back to his ranch home and got his Dodge 4x4 while I waited by my quarry. The man told me to enjoy my buck as he was fetching his pickup. My guide and I only had to drag the little 95-pound buck by a horn one person each no more than 100 feet down the slope to his truck. Nowadays, I contemplate doing deer hunting sans guide and on WLM lands or public-accessible private lands. It's a game changer for sure, no pun intended. I now live in largely-flat SW Oklahoma. I'm going to have to go out scout the terrain of prospective deer lands, study the rules and restrictions of the lands in question, assess the shape my body is in and try to figure something out. One could also maybe pay somebody to do the hard labor of dragging deer out. Depending on terrain conditions in my neck of the woods, deer carts or wheelbarrows may or may not work. ATVs or pickup trucks may or may not be allowed directly onto the hunting fields. I can only tell by going out and scouting a particular deer property. I need to check the vehicle accessibility of hunting lands under consideration.
Blah, blah, more of the same, who cafes!