Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best low cost binoculars

Old 07-24-2023, 04:52 AM
Spike

The Bushnell Trophy XLT 10x42 is a popular option known for its affordability. It offers decent optical performance and rugged construction suitable for occasional use. However, as you mentioned concerns about previous Bushnell binoculars, it's important to note that build quality may not be their strongest point.
The Athlon Optics Midas G2 10x42 is a relatively new player in the market but has gained positive reviews. It offers good optics, a sturdy build, and a competitive price point.
Here are a few great low cost binoculars suggestion you may check- https://foresttofood.com/2023/07/06/...al-adventures/
Old 08-27-2023, 10:01 PM
Spike

I was thinking of getting one of those goggles I just dont know if I wanna get it from Walmart or optics planet I found one from amazon
Old 08-28-2023, 03:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Goggles? Never heard of binocular goggles.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrbb
I will add my 2 cents
when your NOT dealing with the very high end of optic's
lower end models of ALL brands can be like pick of the litter
meaning, take 5 exact same make models and there will be a difference in them
I sold optic's for yrs and seen this first hand countless times kleine verrekijker
and this is also WHY, you see many post's threads and such, where one person LOVES there "X" model, and someone else with same model doesn't!

SO< the very BEST way to buy any binocular's IMO< is to GO to a place that carry's several brands and models and look thru them, and LEARN what to look for
edge to edge focus and clarity
as this is typically where lower end one's fail the most and higher ends one's don't , higher end glass and designs,, will hold the clearest clarity edge to edge
from there its about fitting you, and its build quality
the clearest lens in the world don;'t last long if rest of materials used and build quality isn;'t up to snuff!

and also, be honest with HO Much use of binoculars you will be having,
as if you will be using for long periods of time, the added cost to save up and BUY the better end one's
will pay for itself in less head aches and eye strain
as its longer use that the effects of prime glass show there true uses!
I also, know there are places now online that RENT out binoculars and spotting scopes, , which can maybe help a guy out that only needs them for one trip
over buying and then them just sitting about unused!
Not that many hunters don't like owning things to have for when ever they want to use
but many times if were honest, I think we all buy things for one or two uses and then they just sit? never getting used again , or I know I have a lot of things like that! HAHA!
I am looking at upgrading my binos this year and have a budget of 250$ Max. I know this is on the low end for quality glass but I have to stick to my budget. Does anyone have any they recommend? I want to get the most for my money so I am inclined to get a brand with a good warranty. I know vortex is supposed to have a good warranty? Has anyone used cabelas brand optics? Any advice would be appreciated as really any pair is going to be better than what I currently use.