Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Hang On & Sticks Recommendations >

Hang On & Sticks Recommendations

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hang On & Sticks Recommendations

Old 11-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Spike

Default Hang On & Sticks Recommendations

Hello all. I am new to tree stands. I got my first Compound this year and am currently looking into getting a set of climbing sticks and a hang on tree stand. I was wondering if paying the extra money for a stand with a back on the seat is necessary? I am currently trying to decide between the Muddy Boss AL and the Muddy Boss Elite AL. I am also open to other suggestions as this will be the first tree stand I have ever purchased. I have watched a lot of reviews and it seems like a lot of it is personal preference.

As far as climbing sticks I am trying to decide between Muddy Pro Climbing Sticks and Hawk Helium sticks.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks for you time.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm putting in a recommendation for Lone Wolf hang-ons. They are very light, very quiet and very easy to hang. As far as getting one with a back to it, I'd vote no. For bow hunting, it would be in the way. Quite often, I'll fold the seat up and stand next to the trunk to reduce my silhouette. If you were gun hunting out of it all day, that would be another discussion. But for bowhunting, no. I don't use climbing sticks, so I'm not qualified to provide an opinion there.