Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
First time Colorado hunt. Gear list check. >

First time Colorado hunt. Gear list check.

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

First time Colorado hunt. Gear list check.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Banned

Default First time Colorado hunt. Gear list check.

Hunting Second Rifle I have a muley buck tag and bear tag in my hand. My brother has a bull tag and muley buck tag. We are hunting units 18, 28, 37, and 371. Although unless something crazy happens we will mostly be in 18 and 28. Being first timers I'd like some input on my gear it's pretty much what I'm thinking is the basics. We will be camping at the truck unless we decide to spike out a night, which weather will have to cooperate for that to happen.
Tent nothing special typical colman style and tarp. back up plan is sleeping in the truck if it gets too cold for my brother.
Sleeping bag I have a 3 part .MIL sleep system.
volcano mini burner
we also have an old school colman camp stove.
I'm not worried about clothing I have an assortment of merino base layers, mid layers and outers.
Rain gear is gortex and frog toggs for the light stuff
Boots are Crispi Summit
backups are my Irish setter Snakeboots
Socks are a mix of darn tough, smartwool, and a few other merino based socks
Field dressing: Black ovis game bags, Havalon Piranta, my favorite little buck fixed blade I'll have other knives at camp
Pack is a MR Selway 62 with kifaru gun bearer and a MR mule I can switch out. My brother is using a friends Meat hauler frame and reg backpack for day pack.
Pretty good First aid bag at camp and homemade quick kit I'll have in my pack.
Binos are Redfield Rebel 10x42s can't remember the tripod made i've rigged up a strap system to hold the binos I've used in KY glassing public.
Nikon Prostaff 3 16-48x60
Nikon prostaff rangefinder
Trekking poles
Navigation: OnX on my phone and my Garmin 62 stc for backup along with tried and true compass and maps
Will have the normal camp tools my brother is bringing from his gear when he camps I'm going to be going over it once I arrive and may be making a run to the store for anything I might want to add.
Truck is 4x4 and we have chains.
Regular Coleman extreme coolers, brother has a hookup on ice so they will be topped off and should last us no problem.