Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Late Season Gloves?

Old 04-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Late Season Gloves?

I知 looking for a warm glove for mid to late season (Nov-Dec). I知 in Vermont but also hunt the mid west, western states, and occasionally Canadian provinces. Considering the Sitka Merino Gloves. Any recommendations on a good glove that keeps you warm and dry?

Thanks for any input.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I used Penguin polar gloves all winter ice fishing. Pretty warm and you can still do things like reel and take fish off the line with them on. Comes in chartreuse and orange. Knit backs and rubber palms and only 5 bucks a pair. If I sit on stand I use mittens but when moving around I put on these. The rubber helps to hang onto a rifle even when it is wet.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 04-18-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

well not a glove but IMO< I hate heavier thicker gloves, I personally found using a hand Muff is a way better option
I have used these with great results, you an add a heat packet when things get super cold, and if you like to sit holding your rifle across your lap, you can still do so, and even help support things

http://icebreakerinc.com/hanblanket.php
Old 04-18-2019, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

I use the hand muff things as well.

Light gloves with that hand muff.

-Jake
Old 04-19-2019, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them while stand hunting as well. Not ideal for spotand stalk though.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

I primarily still hunt and that's what I use. I don't typically get cold as long as I'm moving and my skin is covered.

Allot of my time still hunting is spent standing still anyway. So I have time to warm my hands up in the mit.
-Jake
Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never had my hands get cold while still hunting, but were all different,
IMO, best bet is to go to a good shop that stocks lots of gloves and try on some,. watch the amount of insulation and or if wind proof or not, as if the wind gets thru , your hands will always get colder faster than ones that don't .
I like good tighter fitting gloves, mechanic's wear makes a TON of different models even winter one's
so maybe try them, but this again will be a person to person deal, as to how fast YOUR hands get cold
I wear light weight gloves all the time even down into minus zero and below temps
even snowmobile in them, wind proof, but this on insulation, and my hands be nice and comfortable and I can shoot well with them on!
if you buy any heavier glove and plan to shoot with them on, I suggest practicing with them too, as they will change how you pull the trigger!
Old 07-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Spike

This sounds strange but I have been wearing Kodiak Winter golf gloves. They are thin enough for dexterity and warm enough at least into the low 20s. Though I don’t recall how cold the temperature has been when I have worn them.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

I use the mittens that have the ability to open the fingers to shot my firearm, Many times I only have to expose my shooting finger to take the shot. Mine are made of fleece. Also a hand warming pad fits in them nicely. Have worked great for many years in cold weather.