Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Youth hunter questions about what i can or cant do? >

Youth hunter questions about what i can or cant do?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Youth hunter questions about what i can or cant do?

Old 05-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Spike

Default Youth hunter questions about what i can or cant do?

So I currently am in WA and i completed my hunters ed course and i have to go to Oklahoma for the summer and was curious if my hunter ed completion in WA is still valid in Oklahoma so i can hunt coyote and rabbits
Old 05-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter education should be valid in other states, as well. From what I can tell (and you'll want to double-check), as long as you are over 11 years of age and hunter's safety certified, you can hunt on your own in the field. Be sure to bring your hunter's safety card in your wallet when purchasing a youth license (should be less than $20), though, so they can verify you're hunter's safety certified.

You won't be able to hunt rabbits this summer, since the season in Oklahoma doesn't begin until October, but coyote are fair game.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by younggun308
Hunter education should be valid in other states, as well. From what I can tell (and you'll want to double-check), as long as you are over 11 years of age and hunter's safety certified, you can hunt on your own in the field. Be sure to bring your hunter's safety card in your wallet when purchasing a youth license (should be less than $20), though, so they can verify you're hunter's safety certified.

You won't be able to hunt rabbits this summer, since the season in Oklahoma doesn't begin until October, but coyote are fair game.
Thanks a ton. I didn’t know you could hunt on you’re own period when your under 18. Also haven’t checked what’s open during the time I’m their but thanks for letting me know rabbit isn’t one less thing I need to do!
Old 05-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

No worries, and welcome to the forum! I hope you feel free to stick around and engage in discussions, ask questions about a whole host of hunting issues. This is a great place to get education from other people's experience.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with hunting. But, going to bust your chops a bit and come across as a jerk. You are young and still have school time ahead of you. A good education is very important. Likewise, ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-08-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Rules 2 and 12--Warning.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Good luck with hunting. But, going to bust your chops a bit and come across as a jerk. You are young and still have school time ahead of you. A good education is very important. Likewise, ...Deleted by CalHunter...
...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 05-09-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Rule # 5--30-day Temp Ban
Old 05-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why bust someone's chops at all? Who is this really about?

AllenPlays, sorry you have to see so soon that some on this site insist on shoving their mothball & prune-scented hankies in other people's faces. I hope you decide that a vocal minority's egos are something that slide off of you, like water on a duck's feathers, rather than absorb. As I said, before, there's plenty to learn here, if you can endure some occasional prickliness. It helps to remember that people are proud of their expertise in hunting (and they should be), but aren't always the most gracious dispensers of it. Stay humble, stay engaged, and I'm sure they'll warm up to you. It's actually a good life skill to learn to be gracious and longsuffering with people who are precisely the opposite; it'll come in handy way too often.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deleted my post because the question I was addressing has been deleted by Cal.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-09-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Apparently, not everybody reads (or chooses to follow) HNI's rules. I've attached a link below for anybody curious about reading them. They're fairly simple, easy to understand and follow. You can pretty much express your point without violating the rules on just about any topic. In the political forum, I give people warnings and then escalating temp bans. It is extremely rare that I permaban anybody except for spammers or obviously psycho people. As always, anybody who receives a warning, temp ban or just has a question about something is free to PM me and I will get you the best answer I can. But please do it through PM's and not on the open forum (see rule # 5).

For the OP, there aren't really any stupid questions to ask but some of them may have been answered more times already than others. Asking your question(s) is a huge part of why this forum exists--so experienced hunters can pass things on to newer hunters. Sometimes we forget that and get a little crotchety but that's what we have Mods for.

The Rules
Old 05-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a hard time figuring out how anyone can think it is fun to insult someone they don't know on an internet forum. At least to me it is a sign of an unhappy or unfulfilled person. A wise person once said...."if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.