Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
XOP Air Raid vs Millennial M150 >

XOP Air Raid vs Millennial M150

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

XOP Air Raid vs Millennial M150

Old 11-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Spike

Default XOP Air Raid vs Millennial M150

Hello all,

New(ish) hunter here looking to gear up for NEXT season once this year's stock starts going on sale. This year I'm borrowing a friends bow and I picked up a cheapo ladder stand at Menards for $70 to put up on some public land. The stand is pretty miserable to be in with its 10" x 19" standing platform, smaller seat, not to mention all the racket it makes when being quiet is essential.

I'm pretty set on a hang on stand with sticks for my first setup (climber will be added later) and I've been looking pretty hard at the XOP Air Raid (and their set of 4 sticks) due to its light weight and quiet cast construction ... but then I went and sat in the Millennial M150 last weekend and when people say it's like sitting in a recliner, they're not misspeaking. By far the most comfortable seat I've put my rear in.

For you experienced hunters out there: does comfort trump everything else for you? While it is of course subjective, I think the XOP wins out in every other category with it having more features, quieter cast construction, roughly 5# lighter, and $50 cheaper give or take a little. I’m leaning heavily towards the XOP but I really question my comfort level in it. Currently I’m standing probably 75% of the time but I think a lot of that is due to the cheap stand I’m in ... with a more comfortable stand I think I’d be much more likely to sit for longer periods. I’ll also be switching to a crossbow for 2018 due to some shoulder issues I have that make the compound bow more difficult to use. With a crossbow, I’d assume my time in the seat would go up even more considering I’d have the potential for more seated shots.

So M150 purely for comfort, or XOP Air Raid for all the other features?

EDIT: I should add that this will likely be my only stand for the 2018 season so for either stand I’ll likely be packing it in and out (up to a half mile each way) most days so I can change my locations as needed.

Last edited by ajandrs; 11-15-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:34 AM
Spike

Do you hunt public land alot? If your always setting up each day, figure out which one you can pack better. Its pointless when you get to your spot, and end up making a ton of noise trying to set up, especially if you get in late. If you do alot of all day hunts I would lean toward the M150 if it's the most comfortable that you found. I like my XOP, I don't think you could go wrong either way. Although, I wouldn't leave either set up on public land even with cable locks..it might just end up walking away. You could always reduce the noise of the ladder stand and leave that up on public ground, if you have a nice spot. What climbing sticks are you planning to buy?