Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Double ladder stand

Old 10-08-2017, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Double ladder stand

I'm looking at purchasing another double (2 man) ladder stand. Any good ones you recommend? How about any good enclosed ones (to keep dry) you recommend?
Old 10-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

I don't recommend getting the muddy. Its made in China and when I got mine I was missing nuts and bolts and had to go to the hardware store. Also very heavy for two guys that are gym rats to erect up a tree.

For the price of the Muddy We bought two two person stands stands from Walmart that worth the money IMO and are comfortable.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hawk Big Denali 2.0. I added a blind skirt, then used a tarp, some camo fab, and PVC piping to make a canopy. VERY comfortable seats with an ample platform for my wife and I to manage with our bows, great protection from the wind and especially rain & snow. I'm typically more of a minimalist when it comes to stands, but I also appreciate the fact the last two seasons using these stands, I haven't had ANY discomfort in sitting in the stand for hours and hours on end - we're comfortable taking lunch along and sitting for 12hrs. I also used corruplast (ag field signs) and zip ties to box in the back and bottom, so we're fully enclosed below the rail, with the canopy completely closing the back, then angled upward to allow standing with our bows. This season, I've added see through mesh drop drapes to let us close in the front face a bit and keep rain out even when the wind is in our face.

I've spent a couple thousand dollars on 2 man ladders since I started taking my wife hunting 8yrs ago, but we haven't found any which held up well and were actually functional for 2 people to use for bow hunting until we got into this one. We've sold the rest and have replaced them with the Hawk Big Denali 2 man stands. Wanna say 18ft at the rail. I don't tend to endorse too many products, but I really enjoy these (especially with our "modifications" to close them in - they're like blinds in a tree).