Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Predator calls

Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default Predator calls

What are the best predator calls to call in coyotes, fox, and bobcats?
Old 06-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I always use the squeak cause by sucking on the back of my hand to call fox and it works very well. I never called yotes or bobcats.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out these threads in the Predator Hunting Reference Sub-forum:

Species Specific: Fox, Bobcats, & Coyotes thread.

Year 'Round call sounds for seasonal success thread

Between those two and the others in the sub-forum, you should find anything you need.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Just keep in mind every New bee coyote hunter and there sister use a rabbit in distress sound.

I figure as smart as coyotes are they know with in seconds if it is a real rabbit in distress or a coyote wantabe hunter.

We are having greater luck of late with odd ball stuff.

Al
Old 07-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sentiment is super popular, but I haven't had much of a slow down. Lightning Jack and Bay Bee Cottontail are the official anthem of newbie coyote callers, but they do still work, just as well around here as they always have, when used well.

Get away from the E-caller, and every hunter sounds different. I did as well this winter with a Doug McCarty Ironstone Custom acrylic open reed distress and a Kerry Carver Swift closed reed as I always have.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you guys have a decent amount of turkeys in your area, try a turkey call and watch closely for any predator to come sneaking in! Not many people to the best of my knowledge use them for predators.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Animal in distress (that crying sound).....What sound is more inviting to a predator ?!?!
Old 07-02-2017, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Even though we don't have wild pigs we have had great luck all winter and early spring with a little piglet in distress, a yappy dog chasseing a chicken has worked good also, then since mid May we had did well with a fawn in distress sound, and a bawling calf. to name a few.
Then there are the challenge howls, pups in distress and other coyote sounds.
We have gotten into running two callers at once which is working well for us.

Like top said try a wild turkey call, a PBS hunting/fishing program has the opening of a coyote attacking a turkey decoy while the caller is chirping away on a diaphragm.

Al
Old 07-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

I use a FOXPRO Shockwave and for the most part, use only Predator University TT Sounds. His Den Raid, Cottontail Candy, and Ultimate Coyote Pup Distress work for me all the time!!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I have a fox pro and I've had yotes come into rabbit and distress sounds as well as howls and barks of other yotes. The bobcats have co e to the rabbit in distress. I've called yotes in with a mouth blown pig squealer as well. I've hunted several states for predators and it seems to me the cats always came in quick. I'm sure it was dumb luck but I'll take it. Good luck on your hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.