Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

black-out in pop up

Old 12-30-2016, 05:34 AM
Spike

Question black-out in pop up

The black-out inside my pop-up blind is fading. Is there such a thing as spray on liner to fix this problem? Maybe a carbon-type coating to help with odor elimination? TIA
Old 01-02-2017, 04:32 AM
Spike

Unhappy reply from Cabela's

Response Via Email (Greg H.) 01/01/2017 09:51 AM
Hello Rush

Thank you for contacting Cabela's.

I am not aware of any product available that would repair the black out inside your pop-up blind that would not affect the fabric in some way or give off an odor. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
It was my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you for visiting cabelas.com and come back soon.
Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Greg H.
Customer Service

Auto-Response 01/01/2017 09:34 AM

Customer By Web Form (Rush) 01/01/2017 09:34 AM
I am looking for a way to repair the black-out coating inside my pop-up blinds. Light is filtering inside and silhouetting me when I am inside the pop-up. I'm thinking surely there is some type of spray-on coating similar to water sealant, or even a paint-on variety. Any insight you can provide would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:09 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I just stayed mine with flat black aerosol paint.
I do it on a regular basis as blind upkeep.
I have a 15 yr old Double Bull.
Yes there is an odor but this is spring maintenance. Leave it set up a while and all is fine.

JW
Old 01-02-2017, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JW
I just stayed mine with flat black aerosol paint.
I do it on a regular basis as blind upkeep.
I have a 15 yr old Double Bull.
Yes there is an odor but this is spring maintenance. Leave it set up a while and all is fine.
JW
That was exactly my thought as to how to take care of the problem. Just spray it well ahead of the hunting season you plan to use it in so the odor can dissipate before use.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Spike

Thanks, guys. I was thinking that as I was reading Cabela's response, because I spray waterproofing on my popups every year, and let them sit outside for a couple of days to air out, and I've never had a problem. Their response didn't make much sense to me. It also seems like a kind of product that someone would have developed and marketed by now. Thank you for backing up my initial thoughts.