Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting chair

Old 10-03-2016, 01:54 AM
Spike

Default Hunting chair

I finally bought a elevated box blind for my farm. I still prefer hunting from a hang on or ladder stand it will be nice to still b e able to hunt on the very cold and wet days in Wisconsin. I tried using a Cabelas camp chair, but its makes to much noise and makes it hard to shoot in all directions. Im looking for recomendations for any heavy duty, comfortable, swiveling chairs. Thanks, for any help!

Lee
Old 10-03-2016, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

They dont swivel but we use regular fold out metal chairs with the legs shortened. We put tennis balls on the legs so they are quite.
We use them in blinds mostly but the balls keep the legs from going in the ground outside.
For me they are more comfortable longer then the stools and chairs offered and therefore quieter as less twisting and turning.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

I recently bought a fold up chair for my ground blind. It does not swivel, but it is light, durable and very quiet after it is broke in. It's actually very comfortable as well. Didn't have to stand up one time in the blind this past weekend!

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game...dCatid=1512884
Old 10-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Spike

Put a pipece of carpet on the floor and get a high backed office chair. Makensure that it will lean back for nap time.
Best sleep I get all year.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I second the office chair, its all I use in my blinds, they are quiet, adjust for height, and SUPER comfortable , can sleep in them LOL

having wheels on them can also help with getting into odd positions easier too!

I have found a LOT of them in classified adds used for about 15-20 bucks too!

I oil mine before the season and before off season, to keep them squeak free too!

highly recommend them!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

I pick up swivel bar stools not just from bars but also from homes wood ones--I spray with wd 40 well before season cut down legs to meet each stand requirements usually pick em up for 10 bucks
Old 10-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hatfield Hunter
I pick up swivel bar stools not just from bars but also from homes wood ones--I spray with wd 40 well before season cut down legs to meet each stand requirements usually pick em up for 10 bucks
Ditto, garage sales. The near antics are generally better made than the new stuff.

The old style where you screw the seat around in circles to adjust the height are best IMO. With a leaf spring back rest. A couple of cushions and I'm good to go. Tighten all the screws and bolts, graphite grease anything that moves.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ordered a smith's comfort quest chair supposed to get tomorrow all reviews were good holds 300 lbs swivels folds flat has arm rests and adjustable legs I'll let you guys know what I think
Old 10-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
I just ordered a smith's comfort quest chair supposed to get tomorrow all reviews were good holds 300 lbs swivels folds flat has arm rests and adjustable legs I'll let you guys know what I think
WOW that's an expensive chair there?
all the more so if its a BIG BOY model
$175 bucks??

NOT sure anyone else does this or NOT
but if I am NOT hunting from a blind or tree stand
I carry my seat climber from my climber to hunt on the go
they carry easy and can be SUPER comfy
I have a Lone wolf which I added a SUmmit seat to!
packs flat quiet and a HUGE variety of tree's work and get you off the ground and dry and break up your outline at same time?
Old 10-06-2016, 02:16 AM
Spike

Sportman's guide has some nice seats that are reasonably prices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.