Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Best Tripod for the money?

Old 09-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Tripod for the money?

Been looking for a good tripod for my daughter. Looked at the Bog Pod HD3. Like the fact that it can be converted to a camera tripod. Seems to always have a few reviews with it breaking though.

Any recommendations?
Old 09-25-2016, 04:09 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default Primos

I have no experience with these (I'm cheap, so I just use a couple of 3-ft lath with a bolt at the pivot point), but a friend said he prefers the Primos Trigger Stick over the Bog Pod.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to look to remember what models they are, but I have two Bog Pod tripods - pretty sure one is a "Red legged Devil" and the other an HD-3, or maybe a Tac-3? I also have a Gen II Primos Trigger Stick Tripod. I use the Trigger stick more often, it's a LOT faster to set up. No matter which model, set up time can be cut down by adding paracord to the legs to a pre-set spread which fits you.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input guys! I see the Trigger Sticks yoke can be removed and it can be used for cameras, spotting scopes, and binos. I went with the Primos Gen 2 Trigger Stick tripod.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to resuscitate an old thread like a newbie, but how did you like the trigger stick this season? I've seen all manner of reviews on store websites complaining about them not lasting more than a season and am concerned it would be a poor investment. Others seem convinced they're built sturdily.
I'm assuming you went on at least an elk hunt with them this year (I cannot recall whether you did or not from the threads this fall).
Old 12-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

+1

Bog-Pod

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunti...F104564880.uts
Old 12-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the Trigger Stick Gen2 as a Christmas present for my daughter. It has not been used in the field as of yet.

I will say that I tried out both the Bog Pod and Trigger Stick and really liked the TS better. It feels solid and is much easier to adjust.

Sorry I can't give you more field observations.