Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Canada trip - rifle case advice >

Canada trip - rifle case advice

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Canada trip - rifle case advice

Old 08-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Spike

Thanks for the input. The case I referenced up above has graduated foam in it, so the foam allows some room around the stock and scope and holds the barrel tight. Probably a good idea to throw some clothing around the stock and scope to hold it tight. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by bronko22000
A good idea is to surround your rifle with socks, rolled up shirts, long johns, etc to keep it from shifting. You'd be surprised how much a rifle can take in a good case. Myself and 3 of my friends went from PA to ID and while we were sitting on the plane we watched the baggage cart come up at a good clip and do a Uturn and we saw our rifle cases bouncing across the tarmac! But other than a couple scratches to the case the rifles were still in the condition they were when put in the case.