Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Looking for a new Side by Side >

Looking for a new Side by Side

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Looking for a new Side by Side

Old 05-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Spike

Default Looking for a new Side by Side

I'm currently looking for a new side by side. I'm 6'5 and every one I've driven is extremely uncomfortable. I will be using it to get to the stand, fill the feeders, light brush cleaning work or just checking the fence line. My question is, does anybody know of a UTV that has adjustable seats or at least caters to the taller people?
Old 05-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I thought you were talking about a shotgun!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest joining something like the HI lifter forum, and asking there, you will then get a WIDE Mix of feed back from all brand s of atv's and side by side owners, rather than just a one brand like site

NOT sure of any that stand out as catering for TALL riders
but I have a buddy that is 6'5"
and owns a Yamaha, side by side and never heard of him complaining about it being small for him,, but not sure on exact model, I know its a few yrs older, 4-5 yrs.

think its Rino, if I recall right and a 700 or 750?

and ME too at first a side by side gun came to mind before this being a UTV deal LOL

Good luck, update with what you get!
Old 05-09-2016, 03:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I thought you were talking about a shotgun!
Me too. I was going to ask if he would be interested in a Browning BSS in 20 gauge. 3 inch cambers, nice dark walnut and a straight grip stock, some minor handling marks and such. Thinking about selling it since I haven't shot it in over 10 years and all it is doing is gathering dust.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Spike

I recently bought a Honda Pioneer 1000 and am very pleased so far. Lots of leg and head room. Priced a Polaris General as well but ended up choosing the Pioneer.

HTH
Willy
Old 06-16-2016, 06:05 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I'm 6'4" and use a Supermach 700 - a Yamaha Rino Clone. It has taken a beating as I do everything with this machine.
Came with a hard roof, full windshield, front winch, plow, dump box, and a rubber bed liner. Total price was 6200.00

It has two wheel, 4 wheel or all Wheel drive.

JW
Old 06-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not w big fan of clon atv's/utv's
NOT bashing you JW< just saying that from experience, the issue with them is down the road when something breaks and they no longer are out there for parts or support, far too many have come and gone over the yrs to back this up, plus many use cheaper made parts, anc can be nightmares
when they work YES they work well
but ???when they don't, it can be a sink hole?
cannot tell you how many of the kids atv's I have see go from great to major problems and NO parts to repair and end up being a total loss,
Old 06-17-2016, 10:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Not a problem. I am as cautious as you.
Before I bought did my research
There is a reliable parts store I purchase from.
6 yrs now 7,000 miles and only added a front light assembly.