Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muck boots suck....

Old 11-18-2014, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muck boots suck....

at least for cold weather...

I bought a pair of Muck Fieldblazer they are ok in the early bow season although your feet do tend to sweat in them and they stink..
In the colder months anything under 40 your feet will get cold and they well sweat when you walk in them which is worse..

I had heard all the Muck hype for years so shelled out $130 for a pair. I wish I had bought something else..Since I bought them many other companies have come out with similar styles bur much better design..

anyone want a pair of used mucks size 10 $50 you pay shipping as well..

I do take pay pal...lol
Old 11-18-2014, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know a lot of folks who wear Muck boots. I bought a pair of Cabelas boots because I did not think the neoprene would hold up where I hunt. A suggestion, buy yourself a set of Peet boot dryers and when you take the boots off, stick them on the drier overnight. I have the same problem with moisture with my neoprene chest waders, and even the rubber ones before I bought neoprene and I found the driers are the way to go, not damp when you put them on and no stink caused by boots being put away damp.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-18-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

while i don't agree "muck boots suck" i will say they are better suited to bird hunting for me as they aren't great to walk in for long distances but that should be fairly obvious as they're based on a rubber boot platform. seemed fairly obvious to me but i guess some people expect the world of everything they buy.
ps... who in the world is going to buy OP's boots after he just admitted he sweats like a fiend in them and they stink? lmao
Old 11-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who would buy used boots period!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JohnnyHildo
while i don't agree "muck boots suck" i will say they are better suited to bird hunting for me as they aren't great to walk in for long distances but that should be fairly obvious as they're based on a rubber boot platform. seemed fairly obvious to me but i guess some people expect the world of everything they buy.
ps... who in the world is going to buy OP's boots after he just admitted he sweats like a fiend in them and they stink? lmao
just kidding about selling them they have there place., but thanks for the back handed slap anyways...lol
Old 11-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Who would buy used boots period!
I have actually bought a few high end used boots off ebay and never had an issue.. baking soda does wonders and so does Dr Shoals boot spray..
Old 11-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well we should have a lot of testimonials

and no testimonials this year, after this year's cold weather.

Last edited by Valentine; 11-28-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ojibwa
just kidding about selling them they have there place., but thanks for the back handed slap anyways...lol
hahaha just bustin your chops buddy
Old 11-29-2014, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought a pair of laccrosse 1000 gram insulated rubber boots, and anything under 20° my feet get cold after a couple hours, even with the chemical insole heaters in there and a pair of liner socks under my thick Underarmour hunting socks. I just think rubber boots aren't meant for cold weather, no matter how pricey or how much thinsulate they pack in them.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Hartski
I just bought a pair of laccrosse 1000 gram insulated rubber boots, and anything under 20° my feet get cold after a couple hours, even with the chemical insole heaters in there and a pair of liner socks under my thick Underarmour hunting socks. I just think rubber boots aren't meant for cold weather, no matter how pricey or how much thinsulate they pack in them.
i'm sure out there somewhere there's a person with a foot shape that keeps the blood flowing in these boots but i wasn't that guy.
sitting in a stand this season for 10 hours over 2 days brought me to my breaking point. after the 2nd day i went immediately shopping on my way home and picked up a pair of 800 gram irish setter deer tracker boots. i'm wondering how i lived without them now.
terrific boot straight out of the box!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.