Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muck boots suck....

Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my muck boots
Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ANY rubber boots are NOT going to be the warmest !!!

Look for pac boots !

http://www.sorel.com/mens-intrepid-e...5%3As&start=20

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-08-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

Pac Boots would be ideal, but at least for me, I have to cross a stream that's a foot deep to get to one of my spots. Rubber boots are needed until it freezes over enough to walk across
Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

boots! yes!
never wore rubber boots, in my mind they're going to fail eventually right?
I've had the timberland pro wellington waterproof boot for two season now.
these are by far my favorite all around multipurpose boots Ive ever had.
i know they will last me a lifetime. and they fit my routine, which when deer hunting is normally long hikes through snow.
i wouldn't buy muck, i'm sure they're a quality boot in the right situation.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
ANY rubber boots are NOT going to be the warmest !!!

Look for pac boots !

http://www.sorel.com/mens-intrepid-e...5%3As&start=20
Yeah I wear pac boots after the freezing starts......They are just as useless early in the year as muck boots are late in the year for me.

To me its hard to beat a simple pair of $100 muck boots for 8 months of the year here in Western Illinois.

Even in the other 4 months the muck boots don't get a fair shake as I bought them to fit without heavy socks and they are the wrong size to really be tested in sub freezing weather.

Its tough to stay comfortable all year long in any one pair of boots IMO but my muck boots keep me comfortable more months of the year than any other boot Ive ever owned I think.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Spike

I bought mine near new at the local swap meet for $5 bucks. Clearly not made for long cold stands but great for around camp and launching my boat at ramp is busy and have to get feet wet. When deployed to Alaska i saw parents buy them for their kids almost like schools shoes. Extra Tuffs during the warmer months and Muck Boots in cooler.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am no expert on Muck boots since I only have two pairs of them, but they do the job. I like them.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Went with those hard rubber heavy insulated boots

And they were discounted too. And the heavy worked with the pre-season hikes that cost nothing.

Always thought neoprene was good for ocean divers. I'm just a cheap hunter.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Spike

Love my Muck boots. Very comfortable. If your feet are getting cold w/the Fieldblazers, you probably need the Woody Max, Woody Elite, or Arctic Pro. Once it gets below freezing, I'll put on a pair of toe warmers and I'm good to go.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm cheap

I just went for older heavy insulated rubber boots.

The pre-season walks and hikes are necessary. But I never thought hunting was suppose to be easy. But then I also battle older age. I don't do those thirty day miracle workouts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.