Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Plus size hunting clothing

Old 10-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Spike

Default Plus size hunting clothing

As a full figured man, I sometimes have trouble finding good warm clothes that fit like they should. Some 3x clothes fit like a 2x and some 2x fit like a 3x... It may just be me, but I have 2x shirts that fit better than my 3x and some 3x shirts that fit different than the others I have. Anyhow, I have been working on loosing weight but being realistic I'm going to need some good fat man clothes for this season.
Thanks.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

This may help. I never used them...

http://www.bigcamo.com/specials.php
Old 10-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sorry, I wouldn't really know

I still have a forty year old plus, warm wool sweater that still fits. And it never saw those 2x and 3x years.

And I wasted all that time hiking and walking. Two miles today; 1 1/2 yesterday; more tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Spike

I don't even get to call myself "full figured," hahah. I'm just a big boy at the 3x/4x divider. Who also needs tall sizes. It's hard times finding camo gear so I've just stuck with dark greens and denim.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Spike

I wear 2x clothing. I found that Scentblocker clothing fits me the best. A bit pricey, but its absolutely the most comfortable hunting clothing iv'e ever worn. They also carry 3x and 4x sizes. I saw those sizes at Field and Stream.

Stay away from Under Armour. Stuff isn't made for bigger people. I tried on a 2x jacket and I couldn't even get it to zip.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

For my fat boy needs, I go to Wal Mart or the local Farm and Fleet type stores. The best one around here (Eastern Iowa) is Theisen's.

http://www.theisens.com/cms/
Old 01-17-2015, 07:20 PM
Cog
Spike

Cabelas might have what you need. They are the only outfitter I know with size tall clothes. In my experience their stuff is very solid but very expensive. If you are in the market for something bookmark it and check it each day, if there's a $250 coat for example it will sometimes go on sale for $180-$200 and they will mail you coupons if you sign up for their newsletter.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wear whatever you need to keep warm.

Buy one piece camo "coveralls" and have them tailored.

Remove layers as needed and put your "coveralls" back on.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 7mag_Jake
As a full figured man, I sometimes have trouble finding good warm clothes that fit like they should. Some 3x clothes fit like a 2x and some 2x fit like a 3x... It may just be me, but I have 2x shirts that fit better than my 3x and some 3x shirts that fit different than the others I have. Anyhow, I have been working on loosing weight but being realistic I'm going to need some good fat man clothes for this season.
Thanks.
3x clothing is a perfect size for me. The fitting of such clothes may differ according to their size, their make and the pattern. You can using clothes of different brands.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:06 AM
Banned

It is not a very tough task to find the perfect clothings for you. Visit my signature for perfect fitting hunting stuff.