Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky Athletic Mobility boots

Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Spike

Default Rocky Athletic Mobility boots

Hey everyone,
Im new here names Pedro. I have just recently gotten back into hunting and did a lot of deer hunting this season both in NY and PA. Problem is, my Rocky 1200gram boots didnt keep my feet warm. I love Rocky boots and would like to Try another style. So I have been in the market for new boots and have read tons of post here and on other forum sites, but not too many people talk up Rocky like they do Baffin, Cofra, Irish Setter, and Micky Mouse boots.

Have any of you had any luck keeping your feet warm and dry with Rocky Athletic Mobility Maxprotect Level 3 Boots and or their version of muck, the MudSox?

I tried a search for them and nothing came up.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going to figure that the problems you had keeping your feet warm were when you were on stand & sitting still(??). If that's the case I'd recommend you look around at some products known as "boot blankets" or something similar. They are insulated booties that you pull on over top of your boots and they work very well at keeping your feet warm when you're not moving about. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.deergear.com/product/Mens...ategoryId=2856
Old 01-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Spike

Wait until you've had them long enough for the soles to separate from the boot.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

i love rocky boots comfort wise, but they just dont hold up to hard hunting like ferguson outfitters alluded to, my soles were shot in just a season and the boot was coming apart. For warmth i like mucks mighty well, although the new boots buy lacrosse have caught my eye in the 7mm. If you are walking a lot id look at something like danners, and then use the boot blankets like tnhunter mentioned when youre hold up on a stand
Old 01-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Spike

I have seen the boot covers and my first thought was " gimmick " I was hunting from a double ladder stand and also a hut. The hut was nice but the floor wasnt the best so the cold (-3°f) was getting to me.

As for the soles...I did some rabbit hunting last season. Kicked a brush pile, beginning of this years deer season I looked my boots over only to find a stick lodged into the sole. It happens, cant blame the company but it would have been better to see the boot stand up to some tough terrain.

Thanks for the responses so far. Ill keep searching for the right boot. And again I look forward to being a part of this forum.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't buy Rocky , best advice.