Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting gloves

Old 12-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting gloves

Could any oen recommend a decent pair of hunting gloves. waterproof/warm with a high % of thinsulate??

I purchased Cabela's Canadian Stand Hunter II Gloves There mittens. Very very warm not waterproof... I would prefer gloves to mittens.

Thanks in advance..
Old 12-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

I always rip the glove off my trigger hand when it comes time to shoot so a good old pair of Wells Lamont heavy leather gloves with thinsulate lining ( 10 bucks at WalMart ) works for everything I do.

I've never seen a glove that worked in bitter cold and allowed me to leave it on to shoot.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

My best combo for me has been Under Armor liner gloves and a muff. The gloves are warm enough for the walk to the stand but thin enough to shoot my bow. The muff keeps the chill off while sitting still, especially when you put a few hand warmers inside the muff.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

I've kept my fingers warm in a muff on a cold night or two but I think I'll just leave the details out for now.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Ive been sewing my own deer and cow hide mittens with removable fleece liners and fur trim. I like a mitten over a glove to keep my fingers warm. If its really cold I can drop a small disposable hand warmer into the mitt. I cant do that with a glove.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

i went with glomitts and hand warmers, got them at gander mountain i think they are guide series
Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it gets that cold you have to dress your hands in layers also !

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/searc...h-All+Products
Old 01-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

plain ole rag wool half gloves , stuff yer hands in muff or pocket on stand.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

Based on the extremely cold weather we have been having (the WI gun deer opener was one of the coldest in a long time) Good quality mitts are the way to go over a finger glove if warmth is your goal. Mitts will always be warmer.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ha! reminds me to test out my hunting mittens

Undecided whether to stay with the old mittens or get a new pair for next year.

And if they need some waterproofing, I can use some silicone spray (automotive dept)

Been using mittens for decades. Too old to change. Too old to recommend something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.