Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Newbee for treestands

Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Spike

Default Newbee for treestands

Hi There...Sweden Calling.
Just wonder if anyone can recomende a nice climbing treestand?? Been looking around internet and youtube but i cant make up m minde. here in Sweden there are no Culture for treestand so i guess it will ordered at EBAY pherhaps...and exuces for my poor English skills...
//Regards Jonny
Old 10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum. Most of the current models of climbing stands are very well designed. I would recommend the models made by "Lone Wolf". They are comfortable, solid, and, importantly, quiet to put up.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Yes Welcome....Also do not forget to look at a 5 point Safety Harness. All current tree stands come with a 5 Pt harness as it is a TMA Std.

The best I have found so far is by Hunter Safety System - Easy to use and easy to put on and wear under or over clothing.

Be safe out there.......

Last edited by JW; 10-30-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

if you mean a "climber" nothing is better than the summit viper. its the most common long lasting duable and light climber out there.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with NjHunter...Summitt is the best climbing stand...I had the viper for a few years, and then stepped up to the Titan...it is the most comfortable stand I have ever been in..
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend either of two brands .... I have years of personal experience with these. ... Ol' Man and Summit. The Summit "Viper" is very comfortable but I find the Ol' Man "Vision" bit easier to use. I find the Ol' Man comfortable as well. Both are rugged, stout, and relatively quiet. I have not bought a climber in about 5 years so not sure what either Ol' Man or Summit are marketing these days. Both companies have a good reputation for quality.

Regardless of which climber you end up buying , take JW's advice .... always use a 5-pt. type fall restraint.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Climbing Tree stands are different

How much do you weigh? Some tree stands are heavier because they have a weight limit of 300 and 350 lbs. A 180 lb. hunter can use a tree stand with a weight limit of 250 lbs, that weighs less.

I'm under 200 lbs. so I would never select a new climbing stand over 20 lbs.
Climbing tree stands have weight limits and weight in the advertising.

Do you need a stand in Sweden? Personally, hunting in cold weather, I would opt for ground hunting, especially with the leaves off the tree.
If a deer can get close to you, I'd then opt for a tree stand. A climbing tree stand which wouldn't tie me to one or two areas.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Banned

Find a nice double tree stand. I hunt alone in mine so there's extra room for my bag, I can rest my gun on the safety bar, and I have more room to move around in.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Spike

Thank you all for the great feedback. I will purcase this spring not sooner so i have some time to make up my minde.
I weight around 225lbs and 6' 2. We are not alowed to bowhunt here so there will be for rifle. Thanks again //Jonny
Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mojotex
I recommend either of two brands .... I have years of personal experience with these. ... Ol' Man and Summit. The Summit "Viper" is very comfortable but I find the Ol' Man "Vision" bit easier to use. I find the Ol' Man comfortable as well. Both are rugged, stout, and relatively quiet. I have not bought a climber in about 5 years so not sure what either Ol' Man or Summit are marketing these days. Both companies have a good reputation for quality.

Regardless of which climber you end up buying , take JW's advice .... always use a 5-pt. type fall restraint.
Ol' Man makes great products! I'd have to agree with Mojotex. Take a look at their new Drone climber tree stand. It's pretty nice.