Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Blinds advice

Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Spike

Default Hunting Blinds advice

I am looking for a nice hunting blind to set up for both crossbow and gun hunting. I will be using this blind for Fall/Spring Turkey as well as Deer hunting. i am 6'5" 300lbs and I want room for myself and my 8 yr old son.
The three that I am looking at are all Primos blinds.

The first is the Primos Double Bull Double-Wide

The second is the Primos Blind Luck Hub

And the third is the Primos Club XXL Hub

I'm looking for any advice from people that have experience with any of these or anyone who wants to throw in their $.02

Thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

I would get a G-3 from Armstrap, It's very quiet and it's roomy and well built. Instead of zippers for the windows it has velcro and straps.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Have you seen the Big Mike hunting blinds?

They're actually made to be able to stand up and shoot a bow from but it would probably be perfect for a guy your size.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Spike

Get the double bull blind. They are built to last and easy to set up. I've been hunting from the same double bull blind for about 8 years and it shows no sign of wear and tear, except where I shoot through the screen haha! I believe it came with a lifetime warranty too! I've sat in other blinds and they just seem very cheaply made. Double bull all the way! You won't regret it!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Spike

Double bull blind all the way. Sinch to setup and they really do last forever like Boone said.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Spike

I bought the XXL Hub earlier this season. I'm 5'11" and can stand fully upright with no problem. The way the windows are arranged, there's excellent visibility 360 degrees around. Some of the windows have zippers, and others are held up by small elastic straps. The zippers are relatively quiet. The top of the mesh screens in the corner windows can drop down, presumably to stick the muzzle of your gun out. The XXL model is constructed with a heavier gauge material than other blinds I was looking at. It takes about 5 minutes to set up. So far it hasn't brought a deer into view, but I'm otherwise happy with it.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used aDouble Bull for several years. So far it has held up great. Simple and quick to set up. Plenty of room.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Spike

Default Blinds

Sounds like you've already narrowed it down quite a bit, but you ever try a two person chair blind? Easy to set up, easy to move. Can be easily carried on your back while still hunting. I'm 6'2" 275, have a one person chair blind and have killed several deer from it. Just would like to find one in blaze orange camo though.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Spike

Ive been look at the double bull as well... I had the opportunity to look at one at cabelas the other weekend and WOW it was super quite!, very roomy!, and super easy to set up!. The dude at the counter came over when i was sitting there tearing it down and setting it back up again...lol Not sure i would get a blind with Velcro. Seems like that would be loud in the woods. This Double Bull has zippers and some kinda pully system. I am by far no blind expert but i don't see how this blind could be beat. however, i am always open to suggestions.