Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cold Weater Camo

Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Spike

Default Cold Weater Camo

Hello all thank you for looking at my thread. I am a die hard bowhunter. love to be in the stand till the last day of the season. I am looking for a cold weather jacket and pant that will keep me warm in those cold temps. Preferably something windproof too. any suggestions? I have been reading up on the scent lok protec series jacket and pant. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

For cold weather bowhunting, several years ago I got a Predator camo shell coat and pants from Hidden Wolf. The material is soft, water & wind repellant and sized big enough to put as much warm clothing as I need under it. I can wear that outfit from leaf-off to January by varying the layers underneath. As far as scent-lock, I can't speak to it. I don't own any. I keep clean and hunt the wind.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Spike

thank you for yout input!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Spike

Where do you guys get these products from?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's where I got mine.
http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/pages.php?pageid=8
Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Spike

Check out KUIU Ultralight Hunting. They are an Ultralight Hunting gear company. Complete layering system. They recently added a down piece for added insulation (Super Down) that will keep you pretty warm. Once you have the layering system complete, add your shell. I can't imagine getting cold.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bibbs & one piece suits are the warmest !
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Spike

I really like the predator camo OPT series jacket and pants, with midweight or expedition weight wool base layers from Minus33, wool beanie, wool socks, and fleece face mask. I feel more mobile in this kit, than in full insulated bibs. I also find it easier to draw my bow, because the clothing is flexible. The predator camo OPT jacket and pants are wind proof, too. I've been in 30-40 degree weather with the kit above and was warm. I'll also agree with Sheridan that an insulated one piece suit is probably the warmest.

Also, I'm a big fan of the predator camo OPT line. It's well built, quiet, comfortable, and I really like the camo pattern. It blends well with the western Oklahoma terrain.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Try AutumnWoods Outfitters Wool Camo. They are not cheap, but if you want to be the last guy on stand I would seriously give them a look. I know guys who have hunted in -34 degree weather in them.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wingbone
For cold weather bowhunting, several years ago I got a Predator camo shell coat and pants from Hidden Wolf. The material is soft, water & wind repellant and sized big enough to put as much warm clothing as I need under it. I can wear that outfit from leaf-off to January by varying the layers underneath. As far as scent-lock, I can't speak to it. I don't own any. I keep clean and hunt the wind.
How much does this go for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.