Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Mirror Blind

Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mirror Blind

Hello all. I have read and seen past threads on mirror blind. The concept has me really intrigued to learn more. It would sure have its uses in many places where I hunt. I have watched the videos on youtube of the guy building his own. I love the idea of that other than one thing. The price of a 4x8 sheet of 1/4in plexiglass is $190 in my area. Does anyone have any experience building one of these and using something cheaper than plexiglass? Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. Basically just need a materal that is clear and that the tint will stick to. Thanks
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have done some more research and it looks like some tempered masonite could be used as well which is in the $15/sheet range. Now thats more like it! I got all the materials needed to make one and I won't have but about $50 in it. We'll see how it turns out. Cheaper than $200 for the one online.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Spike

go to the glass repair place and tell them you will take used or damaged pieces of plexi glass 2 ft x 4 ft or over .. that they come across( that is scratched up)..
the place by me said they would be glad to give me all the scratched stuff for free they come across. (then just put the reflective privacy window film over it )
Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Nice call bear tracker! I will have to do this for sure! Do you have any pics of your mirror blind? Any tips/tricks?