Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Help on side x side utv decision >

Help on side x side utv decision

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Help on side x side utv decision

Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Spike

Default Help on side x side utv decision

I have owned 2 Yamaha Rhino's, a 2004 660 that gave me good service and a 2011 700 that my insurance company just told me they are going to total it since I had an accident and bent the frame. I have no problem buying another Yamaha but I know there are several other options out there now and I want to get some inpup from others. I will be using it strictly for hunting, no hot rodding or racing, so a vehicle that will do 40-45 mph is fine, although I like the Yamaha 700 torque. I want camo color, and most important, as QUIET as possible. I like the size of the Rhino so the smaller the better. I hunt in Northern California and go out of state a lot. Any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Spike

This is always a very opionated subject. Everyone has there favorite. Rather then opening up a can of worms find a place where you can get the best service. If you have had good luck with Yami's and you like the service you have been getting with that dealer stick with them.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Get a ***anese mini truck and you will not be unhappy with the choice. I've had both and the mini truck is so much more practical its not even a comparison. Larger box, full cab, heat/ac, 3 cyl, street legal in some states, 4x4 will go darn near anywhere you want, and the list goes on. And the best part.............half the price!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the guys that I hunt with put an after market muffler on his Rhino that was supposed to quieten the "putt-putt" noise .... it did a great job.

The battery operated "high dollar" UTV's are extremely quiet, but the two guys in my hunting group that have had them were not happy at all with the battery life and overall ruggedness. They had a lot of problems with theirs. Som much so that one of these guys actually pushed his off a 25' +/- embankment into a large creek !!!

One of the guys has a 48 volt, 2-wheel drive, "jacked" up golf cart that does pretty darned good as far as getting around. But it has zip for power and cannot manage deep mud. He uses his primarily to get around in good conditions, and uses his Rhino for the rest of the time.

I have a Ranger HD that my buddies say is quieter than the stock Rhino or new John Deere Gator. I can't tell the difference frankly. But I am about half deaf anyway !!

My best buddy has a Kubota 900 diesel, 4x4 .... it is loud but so far has been very rugged. I do not have experience with any other UTV's.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

apples , oranges, pears, Bananas

Ford, chevy , dodge , Toyota

Research will unearth truth and bias, Good Luck.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

apples , oranges, pears, Bananas

Ford, chevy , dodge , Toyota

Research will unearth truth and bias, Good Luck.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't overlook the Kawasaki side by sides. Great hunting rigs.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

I was just at Husker Harvest Days here in Nebraska yesterday, which is a huge farm equipment show. They had all the different dealers of UTV's there of course. It just kills me how much they get out of some of these rigs. One setup was $24,599!! Kidding me?? This was just a two seater too. This goes right back to my earlier post about looking into mini trucks! Already have a cab with heat/ac, bigger more usefull box, go anywhere 4x4, can license in some states, way easier to fix if something goes wrong (less electronics), and the list goes on. Not to mention a guy can get one all setup for around $6,500 - $7,500. That includes a camo paint job and atv tires. I purchased a snow blade setup for mine last year for $1,100 and this thing will push snow like its its job!! search the net for these rigs.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

My Parents have a Polaris Ranger 800 and its a beast! When the transmission went out in their S10 it drug that truck about 3 miles of woods and fields back to the house. Not to mention it will do about 40mph on flat ground.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Spike

The Commander comes in full Camo and I think you'll be happy with the overall quality and the 1000cc motor if power is important.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.