Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Where do you store your guns?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Spike

Default Where do you store your guns?

Brand new to the forum, just curious to know where everyone keeps their guns between trips. I stumbled across this article about some really nice storage facilities in the south that allow guns. The majority of facilities don't allow them, though, so what happens then?
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where ever you store your firearms - put them in these first !

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bore-...h-All+Products
Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

what do ya mean "between trips"...like when left at the "house" and you arnt using them, or do ya mean on the road travelin in between trips?
we use a safe when at the "house," and on the road some rigid hardcases.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Secure....

Built a gun closet in the basement out of 8" block with a steel/cement ceiling and a commercial steel door. Set inside a gun safe which is also bolted in the cement floor with it's own alarm. Glock stays under the pillow with the 12 ga buckshot placed strategically.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

In the gun cabinets, under the bed, by the bed, on the bedstand, leaned in corners, just about every room has one placed strategically. All I can say is do not break into my house while some one is there because you will meet your maker.
And tight360 you didn't build a closet you built a bunker and I like the sound of that. It sounds like even the Mission Impossible crew would have a tough time getting in there.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

I would like to have a gun safe but I don't. I store mine in the hard plastic gun cases under my bed. I have heard that you shouldn't do that because they can rust, but I oil them down good and have never had a problem with rust after many years of storing this way.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have gun safe in the basement for some of them, others are in misc. places like they need to be. Some are stored in a piece of furniture that is actually a front for a built in storage.

The only facility I care about is my home or my truck....otherwise I'm holdin 'em.

Last edited by skb2706; 11-17-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Right now in a few different cabinets, on the wall, and in a couple rooms around the house. Eventually I'd like to have a nice walk in gun safe/ room. But that's a long way off.
-Jake
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Security....

Originally Posted by westtexducks
In the gun cabinets, under the bed, by the bed, on the bedstand, leaned in corners, just about every room has one placed strategically. All I can say is do not break into my house while some one is there because you will meet your maker.
And tight360 you didn't build a closet you built a bunker and I like the sound of that. It sounds like even the Mission Impossible crew would have a tough time getting in there.
West it would just sicken me if somebody broke in and cleaned me out, then hurt somebody with my weapons in the commission of a crime. It's just me and the better half now and we both work days, so the house is empty during the day and we live in the sticks, a lot of break-ins have happened during the day in recent years. I put away the 12 every morning, and the Glock is always with me. My brother is a mason, and I was a carpenter a ways back so material and know how came pretty cheap. I can't really put a price on peace of mind.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

tight360 I completely understand. My parents were talking about building a house a couple of years ago (never did, decided to hold off because of economy) and my Dad planned on doing the exact same thing. Build a bunker in the basement to put the guns in and then have it connected to a room for all of the gun related equipment also behind lock and key. I was just kidding with you and like I said above I really like your set up hence the

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.