Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gun Safe Advice

Old 04-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gun Safe Advice

So I am looking at getting a gun safe. It can be a bid confusing looking at the different manufacturers and options. Please give me some advice and suggestions for my parameters.
# long guns: 9 scoped, 8 unscoped
# pistols: 7
$$ range: ideally under $1000
not super concerned with theft (or fire for that matter); mostly looking for a good, secure, economical place to keep all guns

I see Tractor Supply has a Cannon 36 gun model (looks like a 2010 or older - not in 2011 catalog) for $800. Seems like a pretty good deal.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Spike

I can't provide alot of insight on the rifles, but there are some excellent options for the handguns. GunVault offers some really nice high security safes that are good for handguns. Some of which are biometric (require fingerprint to open), and all of which have many nice features. Realistically, the multivault version is going to hold 3-4 handguns max depending on the size.

They are great safes, but not sure they are within the parameters you are looking for. Click the link in my signature if you want some more information and pictures (go to the safes & storage section). If interested send me a private message and I'll send you a discount coupon code.

Best of luck to you, sounds like you've got one heck of a nice set of guns!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Spike

We got our Stackon 38 gun safe at Dicks Sporting Goods for around $800 about 1-2 years ago... water and fire proof. They beat all prices elsewhere when you hit there sales! Believe me, I'm the biggest bargain shopper!!! Tractor Supply sounds like a good deal, but not sure if the specs are comparable or not.