Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which binos should I get??

Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

you guys are putting my Leupold Olympics to shame lol. love them tho, im just a budget guy lol
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

You think you're budget. I still hunt. I don't need optics.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll chime in though you probably have made the purchase ... Swarvoski is one of the best Bino makers in the entire world. Their quality and technology are state of the art. So are others such a Leica and Zeiss. Others have already answered you specific questions. I would only add that in my opinion 10 power is plenty and anything in the 40 mm range should be plenty good as far as bright. If you go to a 50 mm, the cost jumps substantiallyand the physical size and weight might become an issue. I have an 2007 vintage 8x42 SLC and have used it extensively in all sorts of weather .... 100F, driving rain, -15F blowing snow ... no issues whatsoever.

And for you unfortunate guys out there ... my wife surprised me on my 50 th. with a Styer Luxus on top of which set a 30 mm tubed Swarovski 1.5-6x50mm. In fact just this morning she was assisting me build a deer stand. Some times I wonder if she is not just trying to get me into the woods !

Last edited by Mojotex; 04-12-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Spike

Call and talk to Doug at Cameraland. He is very knowlegable on optics and what works. They also have some of the best prices you will find anywhere.