Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Looking for a cool gun baseball cap >

Looking for a cool gun baseball cap

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Looking for a cool gun baseball cap

Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Spike

Default Looking for a cool gun baseball cap

I recently lost a cap that belonged to a friend and am looking for a replacement. What I'd really like is a medium or high profile cap. I'd like to find something relatively classic looking, that says either rifle, pistol, or arms on the front of it, or a famous gun company's name. Not really looking for a trucker or mesh hat. A Navy cap would be ideal but isn't necessary. I found some good looking caps that were made by some companies overseas. I also found a Colt hat that just said Colt and would have been perfect but it was low profile and it didn't really fit his head. There are some nice Beretta hats out there they also seem to be low profile. I've checked out the Winchester, Glock, Smith and Wesson and Colt sites, but haven't been able to find anything. Something more obscure would be ideal. Thanks in advance for assistance.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

i tell ya, i go in the local mall here in NC and there is a hat store called Lids and they can custom make a hat with what ever you want it to say on it,first you pick out the style hat you want then you take it up front and they ask what you want on it, tell them what you want then they will start the machine up and it stiches it up right there on the spot, and the ones i have had done are really nice and they look good.
the hat i bought was like 20 bucks, and i think after the custom work it was like 30 bucks for the hat, which is not that bad considering you get what ever you want on the hat and a hat that fits you right. some may be less and some may be higher depending on where you get it done.
here is the site that tells you about the store.

http://www.lids.com/
Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

High profile? I wear an orange Ruger baseball cap.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

find a hat you want and take it to a place that does screen printing on t-shirts.they usually can do hats with what you want on it.

my son is starting up a business offering custom work of this type.
soon as he gets his tax ID papers filed he'll be in business and i will offer his services here on the site.