Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

stand and blind question?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Spike

Default stand and blind question?

my wife is wanting me to keep my butt on the ground and hunt, she doesnt like the fact that i am 15 feet above the ground. i have been looking into a safer stand or a ground blind. i have been looking at the ambush saddle, or the ghost blind. has anybody used either of these or have any suggestions.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Spike

I stopped using the tree stand awhile ago. I like the blind better now. I can relax in a chair bow at my side. Blind covers my movement and keeps me out of the rain. Down side is set up and tear down.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

this may not be the info you are looking for, but when im not in a stand i love to make mine with fallen logs as a frame and cover it with foliage from the area. works great, usually just put a 5 or 10 gallon bucket to sit on with a pillow on it. it actually works well and keeps dry. good luck
Old 01-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have portable OUTHOUSE blind.it sets up in 3 minutes.great for deer/bear/coyote hunting.wind is problem a little .make sure that the blind you get does not have SHINY surface when sun hits it, some shine.