Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muck Boots?

Old 12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muck Boots?

I am in the market for a new pair of boots and really like the way the Muck Boots feel, but I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the neoprene upper snagging on thorns? I hunt in an area that can be pretty prickley and do not want to tear these boots up. I am also looking at Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sports, but like how much easier it is to take the Mucks on and off. Would the Mucks get snagged??
Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

hey steve

I bought the Woody Armor boots by Muck, they are tough as they come.
Dandbuck

This was after doing a lot of research on many different boots, no regrets here.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muck

I bought the woody-max version this past year. They seem well made but are kind-of soft. I like a firmer sole I guess. Everyone tells me they'll last quite awhile. We'll see I quess.

Why don't you take a look at the irish setter boots. A guy I work with bought the rutmasters and they look well made.

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/rubber

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/iris...rutmaster-mobu
Good luck
Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

I have q pair of the chore boots and use them for everything from working in the barns to hunting to working in the shop. They hold up great my dad has had his for 5 years and there still going strong.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mucks

Originally Posted by Maplekid
I have q pair of the chore boots and use them for everything from working in the barns to hunting to working in the shop. They hold up great my dad has had his for 5 years and there still going strong.
Sounds like I'll be stuck with them for awhile.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

i have fieldblazers, they seam very well made. most comfortable boot i own. they are warm to.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

love my mucks, just bought them this year and theyre awesome, especially the ease of getting them on and off. My old lacrosse rubber boots were such a pain id almost given up on rubbers until a new hunting buddy raved so much about his and got me interested in them
Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Spike

I guided in Alabama and wore Muck Woody Max almost everyday during the 4 month long season for the last 4 years and they are still going strong, no leaks.