Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which Scent lok camo????

Old 07-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default Which Scent lok camo????

There are several different brands of the Scent Lok type camo out there today. Are they all basically the same or is one head and shoulders above the rest?

What do you wear and why?

Thanks for your time.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Scent lok camo????

I prefer Suppresent,it not only is a carbon scent absorber,but also it has windstopper which works excellent.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Ab-Scent makes washable camo and undies that block scent about as well as carbon suits , and they say it lasts the life of the garment . Carbon will clog over time and should be considered disposable for that reason , check with anyone who owns an aquarium if you don' t believe me . PS: Since carbon " reactivation" can only take place under special conditions and 800 degree temps don' t believe them when they say to " just put it in the dryer" because they' re lying . Washing with non-scented products , and doing the same with your hunting garments will offer much of the insurance you' ll need . Something like Ab-Scent under them will provide better protection than carbon in the long run , as will controlling scent at the source . You .
Old 07-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Have tried the Ab scent and also the Contain,they don" t really work.The reason carbon clogs in an Aqurium is becuase it is filtering solid waste.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes dvdegeorge ,
but it is also filtering liquid and gaseous wastes too . How do you know your suits weren' t working , did you get busted ? I' ll agree with most that carbon isn' t bulletproof , but It does seem to help with odor reduction . I haven' t tried AbScent or Contain products personally , but the tech behind them seems sound . Bacteria cause most of the odors we emit from the skin , and anything that suppresses bacteria must work at some level .
Old 08-05-2003, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Kevin1 I say they don" t work for me not becuase I got busted but becuase I don" t detect any noticable difference than regular fabric.Smelled the same odor from both after usage.I also agee that the theory is good but for me results weren' t.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]