Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ever use the Scent Machine?

Old 07-19-2003, 01:05 PM

Default Ever use the Scent Machine?

Went to a SHOOT show today and a guy pitched the Scent Machine at me. It' s an aerosol scent dispenser that you hang on a tree upwind of where the deer are (bedding area, etc) and it sprays synthetic scent into the air every 3 minutes or so. Anyone have any experience with this product. I would like to get some feedback before I shell out some cash for it. Especially since I haven' t had very good luck using scents anyway.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ever use the Scent Machine?

kry226 ,
while it sounds like a good idea I would be worried about it flooding the area with scent . Sometimes there is such a thing as too much scent . Is the unit adjustable for intervals on releasing the scent , or is it fixed on one setting ? If it can' t be adjusted it may put out too much , this can spook deer too from my experience . I saw a product test report about the " Stinking Grunt Call" that the maker was trying to push at the NAHC website , it released scent ever time you grunted by pressing it with your foot . The member who tested it reported that it released way too much scent , and he didn' t see a deer all day as a result . I just stick with scent wafers or a dripper myself , and I lay out some persimmon seeds and skins on a handwarmer to attract does . Does love persimmons , and bucks love does .